Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Looks awesome!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Love that light bar on the excavator, why don't they come that way?

I'd like to do something like that on the TL130 but have some side lighting, where do I look to get the LEDs?
I get mine from and Ebay store LEDStore9@gmail.com Great prices, quick shipping and good customer service.

I know most people won't care and think we're just "pimping out machines" but I paid less for 3 30" bars 2 20" bars and 4 cubes than it would have cost to outfit the DX235 with 4 halogen lights above the cab and 2 halogen to the rear from Doosan. Out of curiosity I asked our salesman what the lighting option cost and it was $1400 his cost and about 1800 installed. I paid 1090 for all the lights to outfit each excavator and one for my pickup as well, I still have a spare 20" I might put on the Bobcat but the light I need the most is on the excavators, so I may just sell it to a friend. The tint also makes sitting in the machines 8-13 hours a day way more enjoyable.

Those 30" bars put out 14400 lumens... an average halogen headlight on a vehicle is around 1300-1700. So there is 2.5-3x the light with these LED bars and they last 50,000+ hours and handle vibrations better. Perfect for construction equipment.

Once I figured out the machines are already prewired for the lighting option I can install a bar in about a half hour and it runs off the factory switch. The bars don't draw anymore amps than the halogen pieces do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
really sharp machines. I wish mine could look like that but 15 minutes into the woods here and everything is scratched to hell. I hate cedar branches! They poke holes in anything plastic and rip off decals, paint, and my forestry guards.

I imagine when that 770 shows up on site, it gets a lot of attention. Real looker!
Yeah they don't stay nice forever, esp where I end up taking them and boulders go where they want. It will be nice to look back at pictures before they get scratched up. Can't say I didn't try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers View Post
Love how the machines looked! Waxing is a great idea. Can't wait to see work pics. You guys now have a nice range of excavators.
I'm hoping the wax will help to keep the machines cleaner between washes and also help clean the grease off.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

If you think about it one night could you snap a picture from the cab with the lights on? I'd be interested to see what the tint looks like at night. The site I do snow removal at is a college campus, its well lite but some times we have to work during the day. A tinted cab would be slick.

What kind of blade are you using? 8'? Are those snow tracks on the bobcat? Looks super sharp!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterhoursVT View Post
If you think about it one night could you snap a picture from the cab with the lights on? I'd be interested to see what the tint looks like at night. The site I do snow removal at is a college campus, its well lite but some times we have to work during the day. A tinted cab would be slick.

What kind of blade are you using? 8'? Are those snow tracks on the bobcat? Looks super sharp!
Just the standard tracks that come with the Bobcats.

That blade is a Virnig 120, 10'
Old 02-23-2014, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post

I get mine from and Ebay store LEDStore9@gmail.com Great prices, quick shipping and good customer service.
I can't get anything to come up for that on Ebay? Have found some Cree lightbars, spot and flood combos? I can fit a 36" bar, is that too much?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I can't get anything to come up for that on Ebay? Have found some Cree lightbars, spot and flood combos? I can fit a 36" bar, is that too much?
The 30" bar is slightly wider than 30" so I would just go with that.

Sorry their eBay store is http://www.ebay.com/usr/ledstores?_t...84.m1497.l2754

Just use that email from my previous post and tell them you'd like a 30" DC Series Totron light bar. Paid 250 with shipping per 30" bar. Maybe pick up a few of their 42w flood lights. I paid 40 shipped per light, then got a couple female 2 pin deutsch plug since my machines are all male plugs on the machine side. crimp/solder and away you go.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How would a Towtem work doing land clearing work on say a 70ish size machine? Could it do some stumping work instead of a bucket/thumb setup?
Old 03-07-2014, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know a local tree trimming and clearing company has a 70 sized Kobelco machine and they bought our old Rotobec when we put a new unit on our CX75.

I've yanked down many trees and houses with the smaller machine. It isn't exactly ideal for digging out stumps on trees that are 12"+ diameter but I've still done it with pines and other softer woods.

As long as the trees aren't gigantic I would do it. Usually when we remove a tree when leave 5 feet or so for leverage if we are using the smaller ex to pull out the rootball.

I guess I could update this thread too. I bought another Duramax, 2006 CC Chevy Graystone metallic. It has a Mike L trans in it billet input/output shafts and planetary. Stage V trans... 1058 Triple Disk TC.

Going to swap the trans into the regular cab. Also bought a 71.5mm Fleece Performance Cheetah.

Stock vs. 71.5MM

RC and CC

RCSB is going to haul butt

Spent 7 hours correcting the paint, it was pretty hammered

After:

Anyone want a nice truck with service records let me know. It's got 107k on it now. No seam swell in the doors and the rockers are good. Minor rock chips. Truck is in really good shape. I tuned it for the guy at 44k miles but he mostly had it in a tow tune. He had big plans for it but never ended up doing it and sold it to another friend of mine and I bought it from him when he bought his new 2014 Ram 2 weeks ago. He also used mostly the tow tune because he said the race tune used too much fuel. Truck on the race tune was 420-430rwhp.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How much do you want for the truck?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be interested to know as well. I miss my lbz and should never of sold it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Looking good and that little RC is going to haul! You should keep it on work duty and drive the CC for personal use. The truck cleaned up real well! You have a great attention with all your equipment and vehicles, I can appreciate that.

Servicing Greater Pittsburgh & Surrounding Areas