Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

In the winter we wear brown insulated work coveralls and parkas with the logo on the front and large on the back with a logo'd safety orange toque.

In the summer we wear safety yellow shirts (logo'd front and back) and fluorescent green baseball caps)
We also provide logo'd tan coloured spring coats and hoodies.

The only thing we leave to the individual is their pants... which we may re-visit.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

printed T's.

Forget about pants its too costly, get T-shirt printed it will cost about $7-12 per shirt both sides.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
Guess I'm not as picky as some of you. Our policy is our high vis orange t-shirts with logo on left chest and across the back, with long jeans and boots. Shorts are for going out in the evening, NOT working in lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have never understood people who work in shorts. It tears up my legs! Plus poison ivy etc...
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Some days it's just too hot to be in long pants!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emar View Post
Forget about pants its too costly, get T-shirt printed it will cost about $7-12 per shirt both sides.
Agreed. Buying pants is hard to keep up with and does get costly. That is why we switched to Cintas this year for pants and shirts. With the number of employees we have, it just made more sense. They get a rotation of 11 pair of pants and shirts, and we don't have to worry about them being clean since Cintas takes care of all that for us. Company pays half, employees pay half. Ends up costing company and employee about $10 per month each. Both sides are more than happy.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I would never pay for cleaning companies uniform, you provide the job, uniform and dirt that attaches to your uniform on your job site. You should cover the cost of cleaning.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I would never pay for cleaning companies uniform, you provide the job, uniform and dirt that attaches to your uniform on your job site. You should cover the cost of cleaning.
And you're entitled to that opinion. To each their own. What works for some companies might not work for other companies.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Really? Soooo…it's Ok for the employee to choose to come in grubby, dirty and discussing… "it's ok boss, I OPT OUT of the paying for cleaning"

Otherwise 100% of the bill for clean well taken care of clothes for work falls on the employee, they come to work in their own clothes they brought from home and they have to to pay to clean/replace them…. OR come in looking like the above?

IF the company provides a uniform and a 50/50 service that employee is part of, $10 as part of paying into the program is WAY cheaper and better than clogging up your washing machine at home with an over abundance of nasty grimy laundry and had to buy replacement shirts and pants to boot!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is a sticky one, when I was in the Army they provided the first set of uniforms but YOU were responsible for keeping it clean and in serviceable condition. Lets be real here, We're grown men, not mommas lil boy who needs his bed made and his clothes washed and his meals prepared for him. Don't fall into the trap that, "If I don't do it it won't get done" Don't be an enabler, you should be hiring grown men perfectly capable of washing clothes and taking care of their uniforms, not lil boys who need you to perform perfectly normal everyday task for them.Buy their first set of uniforms tell them the expectations for cleanliness and hold them to it, if the uniform gets so nasty or torn have spares ready and take it out of their check.