Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Blade Questions for the Seasoned guys

Attempt number two, now that I'm in the correct area of the forums.

Ordered replacement blade adapter for my husky push mower than would allow me to use the three-holed blades. Ordered after conversing with seller via email where he described measurements and such. Ofcourse the guy just wanted to sell the piece because he gave me incorrect measurements for the pulley size.

Anyways, ordered another OEM blade adapter that has the star center hole. I'm trying to find a 22" gator blade to fit but cant find any 22" with the star center hole. However, I did find a 21" with the star hole. My question is: Will running a 21" blade on a 22" deck cause problems? Seems to me the grass / air movement would not be correct and cut quality would be affected. Would I be better off to just go with the 22" blade available at places such as Lowes? They claim it's 3-in-1, but I doubt it would perform as well as the original finned blade that came on the unit, seeing as Husky quit making the blade about 6 months after I bought the mower. My luck.

P.S. it's funny that Lowe's itself shows a (pictured) 22" finned 3-in-1 blade on their website yet you read the reviews and they inform you that lowe's has the wrong picture for the part, and you'll actually be shipped the regular non-finned 3-in-1's that have half&half reviews. Creative way to trick people into buying a blade.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

tHAT STAR IS CALED AYP/SEARS TAKE YOUR PICK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-370-Set-o...item2ecec93f74

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oregon-96-37...item5d489ac035

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OREGON-95-61...item5403bfb3ac
It is very important for you to post your results once the problem is solved so that people will be able to reference a solution to their problem down the road. YEARS may go by and someone has the same problem PLEASE POST YOUR "IT WAS FIXED WITH x SOLUTION.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The first two blades wouldn't fit the deck. The third blade measures 21-15/16". Is this measurement end to end or diagonally? OEM blade measures 21-3/4". Any experience with that 21-15/16" blade on a 22" deck? Afraid it wouldn't leave enough clearance and would scrape the deck sides.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesLawnCareWV View Post
The first two blades wouldn't fit the deck. The third blade measures 21-15/16". Is this measurement end to end or diagonally? OEM blade measures 21-3/4". Any experience with that 21-15/16" blade on a 22" deck? Afraid it wouldn't leave enough clearance and would scrape the deck sides.
I reckon not everybody is "seasoned" ,no?
Read the Magna-Matic post here:http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=418761

......AMF!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If it scrapes but fits... Grind and re balance
It is very important for you to post your results once the problem is solved so that people will be able to reference a solution to their problem down the road. YEARS may go by and someone has the same problem PLEASE POST YOUR "IT WAS FIXED WITH x SOLUTION.