Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly1188 View Post
well i have two freinds that have stand ons. ones a great dane ones an exmark.. both i feel good on. my buddy says that the exmark scalpes the ground alot. the exmark dont have many rollers on the deck as the scag . i find everyone around my area use scag though and the dealer in gray has the best shop around here they only sell scag and they are the best priced to.. just aint got to stand on a scag yet... no shop with in 50 miles have one.. ive used cub cadet ztr but thought i liked the standing better than sitting.. cant find info on the scag hieght between the foot plate to the drive handles to compare exmark. if it was the same i wouldnt have to slouch...
Ok well. Im 6'5" and 265.
I once upon a Time Worked for Dane Scag during the development years of the Super Surfer (everyone needs a winter job right?)

The super surfer was the upgrade from the surfer (which you don't see many of..the super was so much better) and it had a better stance deck and a wider foot print (not to mention larger wheel pumps)

Until recently, the super surfer was the only stand on unit that had a sizable stance platform.
Wrights was quite a bit shorter (part of the over all design to fit more on a trailer) and more cramped in the hips.
(I used to play around with Jim Velke from time to time as he tried rolling the standers off hills…. he's very tall as well, but much thinner…I think he's 6'3" but might be a little bit taller)

So basically…both the super surfer and the wright stander were developed using 'test dummies' that are pretty tall.

I don't feel the same way about the exmark.

The Vride… only one I tested was a 36" unit and it was fast and tight…good machine… but I did have to stoop…. with the super surfer, you could just spread your feet out farther and get a little lower… at least on the 36" V ride… there wasn't enough room to do this.

my 2c
Old 02-06-2014, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
and rockymtnnut, dealer priced me a demo cheetah 61" for $8800. he said it was at his house . and it was the 31hp kaw and had 100hrs on it. well he went got it cleaned it serviced it when i came back to look at it it had 250 hrs and the 850fx kaw the 27 hp... but still had warrenty. he stod there and tried to tell me that 850 was the new 31hp, (31hp new is 921fx or close to that #) straight up lied... i dont think the 27kaw would handle that much deck and mower speed even in low range. whats yours got
He is actually more correct. Kawasaki is labeling the engines the actual hp. Most companies are label the torque and the hp is 2-3 lower. Also, 27 hp will be plenty fine. All of the mowers from 5-8 years ago only came with the kawi 23 or 25 which was actually 21-23hp with 61 inch decks and they did perfectly fine so more hp is more marketing and over kill plus use quite about more fuel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

well he mite be right about older ones but they offer for that year a 921fx 31hp kaw like i looked at used but had more hrs . thanks ashgrove i didnt know if it would be enough hp. but i cant stand someone saying it was just like the used one he had but it wasnt. that was cox tractor. but scag dealer in gray has the best price and best shop around me.. i think im going to get the vride for me. just using it to mow my yard and my dads he getting where he cant. i probaly wouldnt put 50 to 70hrs a year one if that.. hoping to get the best to lats me 15yrs. so for just to mow them two yards cant see buying a new cheetah... i can handle the price of the vride. and dont want a home owner ztr
Old 02-08-2014, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

do not get a scag, exmark or toro stander. they suck. Wright is the best way to go hands down. I'm 6'-3", #285 and no problems. When i demoed the others, front tires started to lift a little of the ground. Couldn't go up hills because of spinning tires that the Wright yawns at. The location of where and how high you stand is why the Wright is supreme. If you buy anything else you will have waisted your money.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by declawncare View Post
do not get a scag, exmark or toro stander. they suck. Wright is the best way to go hands down. I'm 6'-3", #285 and no problems. When i demoed the others, front tires started to lift a little of the ground. Couldn't go up hills because of spinning tires that the Wright yawns at. The location of where and how high you stand is why the Wright is supreme. If you buy anything else you will have waisted your money.
Waste of money lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Hello everyone im new to this site and im hoping to get a new v ride.. it will be my first commercial mower. i was wondering from people who has a
v ride if they have to bend over to use it? im 6' 3" tall and 260# just wondering if it would be uncomfortable because i would have to slouch over to grab the bars or not... no dealer around me has one.. want to by while they have fleet pricing.. get on 61" 25.5hp kaw for $7,300 before sale ends so any help would be great... sry for being long winded
Greetings everyone! I have a v ride and have used it out in the field commercially for the last three years I have had very few problems with it mainly just a couple flat tires and the muffler came loose one time I am 6'4 230 pounds and I have no problems with comfort on the V ride it is much more comfortable than sitting down on the Toro zeros that I have although the Toros are very reliable and do a good job the stand up seems to be more comfortable for me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
and rockymtnnut, dealer priced me a demo cheetah 61" for $8800. he said it was at his house . and it was the 31hp kaw and had 100hrs on it. well he went got it cleaned it serviced it when i came back to look at it it had 250 hrs and the 850fx kaw the 27 hp... but still had warrenty. he stod there and tried to tell me that 850 was the new 31hp, (31hp new is 921fx or close to that #) straight up lied... i dont think the 27kaw would handle that much deck and mower speed even in low range. whats yours got
The 31 Kawasaki it's a amazing mower the cut quality is 2nd to none and man is it fast. That price is really good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for your help my new toy got here yesterday rode it around some but the grass isnt growing yet and it fit me perfect the foot plate had plenty of spring left to bounce even with my big a$$ on there. fast and rides great.... got the 25 kaw 61inch vride for $6794 while the fleet pricing was still on heck ya. now just cant wait to see what the cut looks like when the grass starts to grow. very satisfied. about pissed my pants when i unloaded it off my flat bed trailer because we put used oil on the trailer boards to help when sliding the 4wheelers sideways to haul more so when i started to go down the ramps the trailer was wet and it took off slideing on me but made it down fine.

Tags
big guy , scag , stand on , v ride