Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2014, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you really believe having the same content is better than no content that's a cardinal sin. That is one of the worst things you can do on a website.

Structured for seo means nothing if the person doesn't know what they are doing. So in reality I would be paying $100 a month for a template with duplicate content that I could buy from any major site for less than $100?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
If you really believe having the same content is better than no content that's a cardinal sin. That is one of the worst things you can do on a website.
I'm glad your taking such an interest in our services. Here are more details on Google's take on duplicate content (in short “I wouldn’t stress about this unless the content that you have duplicated is spammy or keyword stuffing.”):

http://searchengineland.com/googles-...-spammy-167459

Don't know where you got the $100/month figure from, but that's certainly not what we charge for our services (which includes lots more than just a template).

Of course, our services aren't for everyone.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsites View Post
I'm glad your taking such an interest in our services. Here are more details on Google's take on duplicate content (in short “I wouldn’t stress about this unless the content that you have duplicated is spammy or keyword stuffing.”):

http://searchengineland.com/googles-...-spammy-167459

If you watch the video, Matt Cutts is referring to disclaimers that companies like insurance companies and the like have to have throughout their sites. That's not the same as having the same home page, etc content across multiple sites. Ignoring the SEO implications, how does it look to a prospect if they visit Company A's site, read through it, then start reading through Company B's site and see the same thing? Are the going to think there's a glitch in the matrix, or are they going to think one (or both) companies are low rent cheaters? I know what I'd think.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Sponsor

I'd love to talk about duplicate content in a thread about that (or give me a ring at 206-774-6783 - it's something I know a lot about having launched several thousand websites in extremely competitive markets). Please do feel free to reach out to me directly.

Can we pretty please keep this thread on topic about our early adopter program? I understand that our services aren't for everyone (to put it in perspective, my neighbor thinks I'm burning money because I hire pros to take care of my yard). I promise that we have a very high quality offering that is a great and affordable option to launching an effective website.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

let's try to keep this this discussion, for now, focused on the offer yardsites is offering...if you would like to contact him further, please send him a private message or give him a call (his number is in the previous post)

asking questions, etc. is one thing, but no need to "attack" him or his service please...thanks, we would appreciate it