Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
The viewer has complete control over this already. Just don't view the thread. It's that simple.

If one feels they are wasting their time viewing topics not of their choosing I suggest they use a little self control when viewing. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to click on a thread he doesn't want to read. I view but don't post in politics for a reason.

As far as a like button goes, I choose NOT to belong to Facebook for a number ofreasons and that's one of them.

I belong to a number of forums that I wish were more like LS. Some of these forums require moderation review before posting replies. Try keeping a conversation going with one day to a weeks pause.

About the downtime between pm posts. Gimme a break, the forum allows one to send pm's to multiple usernames by separating them with a comma.

The majority of these suggestions have been addressed by the mods in one way or another, at one time or another.

I have my gripes and/or suggestions but I realize that most have been addressed in one way or another at one time or another. LS does a great job, sure, things could be changed but would they be for the better.

If there's one thing that needs addressing it's spell check. Everybody needs to use it. It's already a feature but how many members are using it? Not many.

Again I have to commend the mods, they walk a slippery slope daily and once in a while could use a hand. The membership should moderate themselves. We're adults afterall.

Btw. I have no issues posting the same pic multiple time through photobucket. It just c&p.
Posted via Mobile Device
and thanks Jim, for the kind words, etc towards us and the site, we appreciate that as well