Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2014, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi, MSS MOW, their are a few trade shows and lectures,demos, seminars in MAINE, as well as in N.H. - MA. - CT. - R.I. - PA.- MD. information can be found in any of the green trade magazines. today i was in ma, for lectures. in maine, you have the AGI and MELNA trade shows and lectures in augusta, in january,in february you have MANTS in MD, and new england grows in ma, MANTS is a great show, forest and hort in N.H., i could go on and on with the number of events. this event i have been to a few times, i wish i could go every year is the GIE and expo in KY. there are many in the green trade that say there to busy or it's expensive, well it's all tax deductible and they are relaxing. i'm not a big poster as i'll be retiring in the next three or four years after twenty eight years of rewarding work, looking forward to spending all winter in Florida with a home that i owned for nine years. Good luck all.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Might have asked you before, but where you located, dig? If you don't mind?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Mc Farland, I run out of Kennebunk to Cape Neddick. DIG419
Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dig419 what is the name of your company if you don't mind? I live in this area and worked for another local company from the late 90s to mid 2000s. I'm quite sure you would know my father in law as well, he is the tree warden for Kennebunk and was in partnership with Tamarack Tree and Landscape years ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2014, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Jason,

Read another thread about mulch prices, if you decide to go with bulk these guys are pretty close http://www.northlandbark.com/

You could also try mbbark.com but you might be out of their service area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey thanks a lot!! I probably would need it delivered or have one of the local guys go get a few dumps for me. But those prices look a lot better...even WITH a delivery fee. Also saw J.D Raymond Transport sells bulk as well, but not sure on their prices either. I'll follow up with them this week. Thanks again for the tip.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Guys! Not necessarily new to the site, but first time posting...I'm located in the Midcoast Area, and have been doing landscaping for 3 years now just in the summers...about to enter my 4th - and go full time. Long story short, I'm looking for recommendations for insurance providers and suggestions on general business acumen, as that's really what I struggle with. Got quickbooks, but my accounting chops are weak at best. Any peeps down my way here around Belfast? Looking into Lavoie's resources, haven't bit on that yet....
Old 03-07-2014, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

LAVOIES is for sale.....I've seen it advertised on CL. Think he wants 95k or close to that
Stihl 4mix handhelds
+1 fully stocked fridge in the shop!

USMC!!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig419 View Post
Hi, MSS MOW, their are a few trade shows and lectures,demos, seminars in MAINE, as well as in N.H. - MA. - CT. - R.I. - PA.- MD. information can be found in any of the green trade magazines. today i was in ma, for lectures. in maine, you have the AGI and MELNA trade shows and lectures in augusta, in january,in february you have MANTS in MD, and new england grows in ma, MANTS is a great show, forest and hort in N.H., i could go on and on with the number of events. this event i have been to a few times, i wish i could go every year is the GIE and expo in KY. there are many in the green trade that say there to busy or it's expensive, well it's all tax deductible and they are relaxing. i'm not a big poster as i'll be retiring in the next three or four years after twenty eight years of rewarding work, looking forward to spending all winter in Florida with a home that i owned for nine years. Good luck all.
Thanks for the advice Dig. I actually will be attending the GIE-Expo in Louisville for the first time this year! I absolutely cannot wait!

Now I know what MELNA is and MANTS too, but am drawing a blank on what AGI is??

2012 GMC 3500HD
9'2" Boss Power V Snowplow
Sno-Ex Sand Pro
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel
9'2" Boss Power VXT Snowplow
1.75 yard sander
2013 22' Suretrac HD Skid Steer trailer
2012 24' Suretrac HD Deckover trailer
2011 72" Kubota ZD331 Diesel
2009 60" Kubota ZD331 Diesel (with bagger)
Stihl trimmers, echo PAS
Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishkabibll View Post
Hey Guys! Not necessarily new to the site, but first time posting...I'm located in the Midcoast Area, and have been doing landscaping for 3 years now just in the summers...about to enter my 4th - and go full time. Long story short, I'm looking for recommendations for insurance providers and suggestions on general business acumen, as that's really what I struggle with. Got quickbooks, but my accounting chops are weak at best. Any peeps down my way here around Belfast? Looking into Lavoie's resources, haven't bit on that yet....

Welcome! I'm downeast. As for insurance, I use Norton Insurance. They are in the Brunswick area. Best thing you can do is hire an accountant to help you out. It's well worth the investment, and not really that expensive considering what they can do for you.

2012 GMC 3500HD
9'2" Boss Power V Snowplow
Sno-Ex Sand Pro
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel
9'2" Boss Power VXT Snowplow
1.75 yard sander
2013 22' Suretrac HD Skid Steer trailer
2012 24' Suretrac HD Deckover trailer
2011 72" Kubota ZD331 Diesel
2009 60" Kubota ZD331 Diesel (with bagger)
Stihl trimmers, echo PAS