Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had to gid rid of a full barrel of waste oil before I can change any more oil in the trucks.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2014, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a couple drums I stock off road diesal for my skid and also some fuel for mowers or small handhelds. Just picked up some fuel today, I usually do this every now and then. Hope to get some big fuel tanks someday down the road. Got winter storm titan tomorrow into monday, could be around a foot or more of snow good luck every one make some money.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2014, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's nice to have the tack loader around for stuff like that...

Did you get that puppy new or used?

I am very familiar with Bobcat track loaders and skid steers but I have heard that Deere makes a great one too...

Can you tell us a little more about it and what you mainly use it for....
Old 03-02-2014, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
It's nice to have the tack loader around for stuff like that...

Did you get that puppy new or used?

I am very familiar with Bobcat track loaders and skid steers but I have heard that Deere makes a great one too...

Can you tell us a little more about it and what you mainly use it for....
Yeah I got the machine new last dec, so had it for like 13-14months now. I had a wheeled skid that I bought new also. But for some reason in my mind I wanted a track machine so I traded the wheels in for the tracks. The tracks are great for working in the dirt and mud and they seem to do better in customers yards. I shouldn't have traded the older machine however, it would have been paid off by now and I would have had a mini x sitting at my shop, that's something to be in the works.
We use the skid for anything and everything. It gets used very much. We use it for all types of landscaping, rockhounding, grading, pullin out shrubs, also we use it at our shop quite a bit loading mulch and topsoil out of our stock piles through out the landscape season. And we use it in the woods when we are cutting fire wood. Love having a skid they come in very handy. We also use the skid at one of our snow plowing accounts, we have a warehouse/ distribution center we service so we keep it out there on site with the pusher through out the winter season. It gets used all year. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome, thanks for the info...

Wheel loader and track machines both have their specialties but I think track machines are just a tad more useful when talking about landscaping in particular... I am going to have to make a decision myself in the next year or two whether to go wheel loader/track machine or mini skid or compact tractor... That's why I am so interested in your info about yours...

The way I see it is that if one plans on really growing their company, they are eventually going to need a skid so why mess around with a mini skid if you are just going to go big eventually anyway... Price? Sure, but you can always go used...

That's awesome that you have a mini x in the works... Another clutch machine for what we do... I have to tell you that the smaller Bobcats like the E42 and E45 are AMAZING!!! So much power in such a little package! They can really broaden your horizons in terms of taking on bigger projects...

Have you checked out different brands or are you thinking of sticking with Deere? Those 35G's are super nice...
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info...

Wheel loader and track machines both have their specialties but I think track machines are just a tad more useful when talking about landscaping in particular... I am going to have to make a decision myself in the next year or two whether to go wheel loader/track machine or mini skid or compact tractor... That's why I am so interested in your info about yours...

The way I see it is that if one plans on really growing their company, they are eventually going to need a skid so why mess around with a mini skid if you are just going to go big eventually anyway... Price? Sure, but you can always go used...

That's awesome that you have a mini x in the works... Another clutch machine for what we do... I have to tell you that the smaller Bobcats like the E42 and E45 are AMAZING!!! So much power in such a little package! They can really broaden your horizons in terms of taking on bigger projects...

Have you checked out different brands or are you thinking of sticking with Deere? Those 35G's are super nice...
I actually almost bought a mini skid, i priced a ding at $17 grand wow and that was the gas model when they first came out. And I priced a mini bobcat skid diesal at $15grand, almost bought it and then I realized hey I better get a full size skid, considering they will do more for me faster. But I really do want a mini skid someday as well, because they have there place as well. As far as a mini x, i'd like to stick to deere, but the bobcats are really nice also and alittle more affordable I think. For this type of work all 3 machines have there place. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Byron, Got my truck back today with the new insert. Here is the picture:
Attached Images

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
Byron, Got my truck back today with the new insert. Here is the picture:
Thats awesome man, congrats, love the diamond plate side boards, good job. Nice truck too, you should put some graphics on that truck, check icon signs in duncansville.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Man I'm tanked right now haha. Between that insert, Workers Comp for 2014, federal tax's, i'm at my peek for a negative number. My plan is to buy a 7x14 enclosed trailer sometime this spring and take it to Icon Signs to have it wrapped with my logo. I just have to make some money before I can literally afford anything. At this point I am not even looking forward to buying startup fuel.

Lauren did the custom diamond plated sides with the roll-tarp, I can't wait to put it to use.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
Man I'm tanked right now haha. Between that insert, Workers Comp for 2014, federal tax's, i'm at my peek for a negative number. My plan is to buy a 7x14 enclosed trailer sometime this spring and take it to Icon Signs to have it wrapped with my logo. I just have to make some money before I can literally afford anything. At this point I am not even looking forward to buying startup fuel.

Lauren did the custom diamond plated sides with the roll-tarp, I can't wait to put it to use.
Yeah it's allways alittle rough this time of the year, I'm hoping to be working in 2 or 3 weeks, that's a stretch though. You be allright soon enough