Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-04-2014, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, I'm pretty much at the same grounds as you, I'm 13 but will be 14 this month got just cheap little equipment (by the way even I'm loving your equipment compared to mine and I'm building my business and will be purchasing a walk behind and a good backie and such next year and more "hang on" to what I've got for this year but still go door to door and try to pick up more yards. I also agree, it's great to get out and do yard work and be productive rather than most of our generation playing iPhone or Xbox stuff. Keep up the good work, I'll probably start sending you some PM's and could share knowlage with each other as our business grows and changes! Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scag2015 View Post
Hey man, I'm pretty much at the same grounds as you, I'm 13 but will be 14 this month got just cheap little equipment (by the way even I'm loving your equipment compared to mine and I'm building my business and will be purchasing a walk behind and a good backie and such next year and more "hang on" to what I've got for this year but still go door to door and try to pick up more yards. I also agree, it's great to get out and do yard work and be productive rather than most of our generation playing iPhone or Xbox stuff. Keep up the good work, I'll probably start sending you some PM's and could share knowlage with each other as our business grows and changes! Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Whew, you said Xbox. If you said PS3 I would have been offended. Okay not really. But still, that is awesome for 13/14 years.

I remember reading about a young adult who started with a hatch back car and a lawn mower in the trunk. Now makes 6-digits a year (although this is many years later and do more than just "maintenance" now as well). But it just goes to show- if you have the right attitude, work ethics and moral values, you can go on to greatness!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarke View Post
Whew, you said Xbox. If you said PS3 I would have been offended. Okay not really. But still, that is awesome for 13/14 years.

I remember reading about a young adult who started with a hatch back car and a lawn mower in the trunk. Now makes 6-digits a year (although this is many years later and do more than just "maintenance" now as well). But it just goes to show- if you have the right attitude, work ethics and moral values, you can go on to greatness!
Yes sir! Thanks, that's encouraging to me!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am pretty close to you all. I am 15 and started when I was 11. I have a stihl fs90 r and a br 600. I have a toro super recycler 21" and a toro time master 30". I am getting a Viking 48 soon. I have a 12 foot trailer and have my dad drive me around. Keep it up and you will become very successful. If you have any questions just let me know because I started just like you.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

In regards to your polo vs t-shirt debate, I found a polo that is way more comfortable than a tee and looks more professional. My guys like wearing them in the heat.

http://www.queensboro.com/style/1254...ance-polo.html
Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I am thinking about using queensboro for uniforms... Has anyone used them and can speak for their quality?

Old 04-28-2014, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

that reminds me of me 4 years ago except when I was 13 I mowed two Acer lots with a 22 inch push mower. never again
Old 04-28-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura Lawns View Post
I am thinking about using queensboro for uniforms... Has anyone used them and can speak for their quality?

try custom ink I got shirts and sweet shirts from them and the look good
Old 05-29-2014, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Great thread. First year also. Kinda crazy that your only 13 and I'm 23, and you got a better setup then me.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Time sure does fly. I believe I was 14 when I started with one lawn. Now I run the business part time because I am a full time college student.