Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by green338 View Post
Do you mean the SK755 comes with a single lever like the Vermeer, to control track drive?
yes, either or.

Im not sure the single lever can counter rotate the tracks. That is important for me.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So if you guys with experience on the Ditch Witch machines, if you had the choice of a 650 or non-turbo 750 what would be the better machine? Just curious how much the 750 is going to lose in performance vs the 650 with a turbo.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the 650 the 750 NA and the 755 Turbo. I actually got the 750 by mistake because I ordered a new 650 and they had just changed to the new version. The salesman didn't know his product and I hadn't bothered to do any research so I had the wrong one for a month. We couldn't figure out why it was down on power. I was actually surprised when I found it was the 25 hp version. I thought it did really well considering. But we do a lot of bulldozing with it and it wasn't up to the task so they got me a 755. Its better than the 750 but I would say that it is still a bit down on power compared to the 650. I wonder if the hi drive track system maybe takes a little more power.

We also move a lot of drain rock and I find that with the new sprocket setup the rocks get stuck in the pulleys because it is a v pulley design as opposed to the old style. So the rocks get in the groove and jam. Happy not to be pressing bearings out every 50 hours though,

Also, the stock tracks are complete Chinese garbage. We have ripped two in half now in 100 hours. When I took the last one back I dumped it on top of someone else's ripped track. They have two tiny little wire cables holding them together.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Wouldn't trade my 650 for anything..
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer dropped off a sk750 with a trencher today for me to demo. I've owned and operated compact track loaders, tractors and mini skids for 10 years now but this was my first time running a DW. I've only ran the MT55 and Dingo on mini's before. The DW by far outperforms the Dingo in my opinion. It is also more easy to operate than the mt55, mostly due to the platform on the mt55 and it just feels like you have a better field of view with the DW maybe because your higher on the machine. Having never have ran a sk650 I'm still curious how dramatic the horsepower change is. The dealer says there is no noticeable difference, but 8 hp is quite a bit on this size machine. He has no sk650 or sk755 to compare so I may hold out for a chance to demo the sk755. I'm definitely impressed with the DW performance based on my prior experience with mini skids however.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Huge difference. You may never get to demo the 755 cause I think EPA just outlawed the turbo Diesel engine.. Try and find a low hour used 650 and call it a day.. That's what I did
Old 03-04-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, now I've had time on all three DW machines. The sk750 and sk755 feel practically identical in power with just the bucket and grading/material moving. I think where the turbo really comes into play is with attachments that demand more from the hydraulics. The sk650 was a very rough ride over concrete or uneven terrain in comparison to the sk750/755. I'm definitely settled on the new series, probably a sk750.