Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
I have a pj dump purchased new last year an the paint is absolutely terrible on it. Outside and in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow, mine too. I bought mine new last April (7'x14') but I assume it sat on the lot the entire winter before. I bought it, put it in our cold storage for awhile until I started work.

When I got it out, the powdercoat was flaking in spots around the rim that runs along the top of the trailer, and some of the welds.

Other than that, it is a great trailer. I had problems with it charging from the truck but that was a fuse/relay on the truck issue. It's a sharp looking trailer and well built, other than the powdercoat. I took pics and sent to their warranty department and got $850 back.

Not sure what it looks like after this winter, it's in the shed and I haven't looked at it since December. There's probably rust in the bed of it where the powdercoat wore off from use last year.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
Wow, mine too. I bought mine new last April (7'x14') but I assume it sat on the lot the entire winter before. I bought it, put it in our cold storage for awhile until I started work.

When I got it out, the powdercoat was flaking in spots around the rim that runs along the top of the trailer, and some of the welds.

Other than that, it is a great trailer. I had problems with it charging from the truck but that was a fuse/relay on the truck issue. It's a sharp looking trailer and well built, other than the powdercoat. I took pics and sent to their warranty department and got $850 back.

Not sure what it looks like after this winter, it's in the shed and I haven't looked at it since December. There's probably rust in the bed of it where the powdercoat wore off from use last year.

Wow, I will have to try that and see. When I called I was told that there was zero warranty on the paint. That would be fantastic is I was getting quotes on having it sanded and repainted with an enamel paint
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2014, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Member

I sent the pics to warranty@pjtrailers.com

I don't remember the details, and I don't think it does cover the paint, but the trailer was new so they covered it. They offered to repair it if I took it back to the dealer but it's 2 hours away and I told them I don't have the time. So they sent a check.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttenup View Post
Im going to be buying a larger trailer this year and have consider getting a PJ brand but wondered if they are worth the extra cash that they cost compared to your regular run of the mill trailers? If you have a PJ trailer I would like to here your thoughts? Likes, dislikes and do you think they are worth what they cost. Im looking at either a 14 or 16 ft tandem.
Check out Stateline trailers (hull trailers). Located in braddyville iowa but with the low cost + delivery capabilities they are way cheaper than PJ with a MUCH better warranty! Check out the website... They have their prices on there.