Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Okay Service -- you got me there.

Serious question (most know I'm a real cheapskate)

Regarding technology: Been using TomToms to (voice) navigate between stops. Problem is, our's will be 4 years out-of-date this year, and many new neighborhoods are not listed.

Is it better to "upgrade" or to "buy new"?? Don't care what brand (Garmin, TomTom, or whatever).

Upgrade or buy new???

Thanks in advance.
I always just buy new. It's usually only a couple of dollars cheaper to upgrade anyway.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
I have used Billmaster for the past year and loved it. Very easy to use! Can't imagine life without it now! I service 600 fert and squirt customers and it works great!
Has anyone that does MOWING tried Billmaster???
How does it compare to Service Autopilot, Landscape Management Network
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAsItGets View Post
STILL ON THE HUNT- Demo'd Clip & SAP, Using Hindsite, Leaning towards Jobber, looking into Billmaster.
We are mainly landscape maintenance- 4 crews, 1 install/enhancement, and 1 lawn tech and are currently tracking/quoting via excel sheets and sending quotes with Word docs (We should be quoting at least thru QB-but were not) and printing way too much paper, do not have a CRM in place. Stressed about loss of information- both in the office and translating client needs to the crews- we searched for solutions.
We demo'd Clip late 2012- way too crude and behind the times and not near advanced enough, then used SAP, but just after 1 month using SAP- the software/co in general seemed a bit unorganized/not fully cooked and found them repeatedly responding to our qtns "Oh yeah we are working on that bug- or that feature should be out soon", and after hearing of other issues we bailed and searched on.
Signed up with Hindsite mid Summer 2013, they sold us stating it would do alot of things mentioned in this thread, and after we dug deeper found out- it can do most- kinda, but many functions are a bit archaic & overly time consuming, or don't work at all-
1st issue- quoting through the software- u can, but they now say its easier to do it thru a QB template then send it to HS as its not really a key built in function and u have to pay them extra $ to make quote templates- nice.
2nd- U want to enter your clients services in? Ok great- Create the services, create the 1st client, add what the client gets, then u detail what ea service has for parameters=choose 34 mowings @ 1.2 hrs, pruning 3 times @ 3 hrs ea, etc. fine- After u spend an hour getting that one client in- they say its best not to make a repeat function or a standard package, just spend an hour per client to manually enter the rest of the clients. Wow, I'm hearing Kenny Chesney now- "there goes my life"Ö
3rd item- I want to send emails to my clients of services coming up or after we completed- u know "client updates", well u can with Hindsite- only just now they announce u can via a 3rd party constant contact feature- for only $50/month!!?? >again no thanks I would rather pay CC $15/month, but really would rather have an message feature thats truly tied into the service software.
4rth- Hindsite has mobile capability but can have syncing issues that don't always translate back to homebase-(To avoid this u have to Manually Sink after every stop- Not sure the crews will be able to do this day in/day out. + No GPS functionality tied to the mobile devices (Jobber said they are releasing this- they seem light years ahead of Clip/Hindsite)
5th- U have to have Hindsite attached to a local machine w/ quickbooks- not very 2014 if u ask me- Jobber has online capability already.
6th- Hindsite talks a big game, they claim to help u with other things like marketing and growing your business- they have blogs and video trainings- like social media marketing (yet they have a whopping 153 likes on their FB page) really?
Talked with Real Green sales about their new online version and with the add ons- were looking @ close to $400/month- thanks, but no.
I was actaully looking at Hindsite or Jobber to come over from SAP... any update on your situation?
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
I was actaully looking at Hindsite or Jobber to come over from SAP... any update on your situation?
We signed up with LMN- so I will not know how well it provides until Summer- U start with creating your budget, then estimating templates, then field dispatch/tracking- so we are just finishing budget phase now.

I like what I'm seeing so far!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We signed up with LMN- so I will not know how well it provides until Summer- U start with creating your budget, then estimating templates, then field dispatch/tracking- so we are just finishing budget phase now.

I like what I'm seeing so far!
Is it a one time cost or monthly? How much of an investment are we talking?
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
Is it a one time cost or monthly? How much of an investment are we talking?
They offer 3 packages- most common one is $99/mnth- but thats only for budget/estimating- the on the go option = field time tracking is an added cost.

Fun Fun in the Sun- get r done!
Efficiency = Money- so we can't wait to stream line our operations- we have been running excel sheets and word docs too long- time to crawl out of the bat cave- lol
Kevin
Old 08-14-2014, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Greenasitgets,

Just wondering how the LMN software is working out for you?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthony View Post
Greenasitgets,

Just wondering how the LMN software is working out for you?
We hit a wall with LMN in regards to their customer support, and mainly the lack of being able to track/provide data for recurring services- which is a big part of our company. They sell you that it can provide maintenance services, but only crudely and not near as refined as it should be and in the end it did not nor can it do many things we needed well.
For instance; say u wanted to input/track routine pruning @ 6 hours each and prune 3 occurrences per year, for a total of 18 hours per year; well with LMN you can input 3 different events, but the crew only can see the total hours (18) at each visit instead of 6 hrs. So after 1st prune @ 6 hrs, it will report job is 33% complete plus you have to alert crew that they should only spend 1/3 the time it states.
We spoke with a few other contractors using lmn and they sang the same song in regards to recurring lacking functionality- LMN is good for budgeting, and estimating, and tracking one-off work. In fact some users were also using Service AutoPilot for their maintenance crews.
So after pulling our hair out (again) we researched around and were pleased to see much progress made with Service AutoPilot since we last demo'd years ago. We signed up last month and are inputting data and really like what we see so far, many additional features- such as drag/drop=ease of use, customer relationship management, true recurring service tracking, dual connection to QB- so data stays real time, and it offers nice features to the crews to be able to clock in/out/take notes, mapping, get directions with their smart phones- which the office can see crumb trails and instant jobs status all in real time.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Seems to me the ones to look at are SAP, Clip, and maybe BillMaster and Jobber
I posted a thread with these same questions and hopefully get some better understanding of the programs.
From what I tried so far (Countless) I am still at the 5-10 different programs to get what I need done. Have you guys run into the problem with online Quickbooks last month. ( redoing all the reoccurring transaction and Banking transactions just showing name of business and not the customer info ) I would kind of like top stay away from quickbooks,
I have heard of ZOHO for the books but I could not find a good scheduling program with them.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds solid on SAP. Keep us posted

Quote:
We hit a wall with LMN in regards to their customer support, and mainly the lack of being able to track/provide data for recurring services- which is a big part of our company. They sell you that it can provide maintenance services, but only crudely and not near as refined as it should be and in the end it did not nor can it do many things we needed well.
For instance; say u wanted to input/track routine pruning @ 6 hours each and prune 3 occurrences per year, for a total of 18 hours per year; well with LMN you can input 3 different events, but the crew only can see the total hours (18) at each visit instead of 6 hrs. So after 1st prune @ 6 hrs, it will report job is 33% complete plus you have to alert crew that they should only spend 1/3 the time it states.
We spoke with a few other contractors using lmn and they sang the same song in regards to recurring lacking functionality- LMN is good for budgeting, and estimating, and tracking one-off work. In fact some users were also using Service AutoPilot for their maintenance crews.
So after pulling our hair out (again) we researched around and were pleased to see much progress made with Service AutoPilot since we last demo'd years ago. We signed up last month and are inputting data and really like what we see so far, many additional features- such as drag/drop=ease of use, customer relationship management, true recurring service tracking, dual connection to QB- so data stays real time, and it offers nice features to the crews to be able to clock in/out/take notes, mapping, get directions with their smart phones- which the office can see crumb trails and instant jobs status all in real time.

"When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's vote"

Tags
autopilot , clip , hindsite , jobber , realgreen , software