Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-12-2014, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

do all 2014 gravely's (pro turn 52 to be specific) have the x-factor 2 Deck? I know you said it was still marked as just x factor but was seeing if this was the newer version because the brochure just says x-factor. I am ecstatic to test drive it at the dealer tomrrow!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda55 View Post
do all 2014 gravely's (pro turn 52 to be specific) have the x-factor 2 Deck? I know you said it was still marked as just x factor but was seeing if this was the newer version because the brochure just says x-factor. I am ecstatic to test drive it at the dealer tomrrow!
The Pro Turn series has the XF1 deck. The Pro Turn 100, 200, and 400 all got the XF2 in 2013.

The XF1 is also an amazing deck. You will be happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Member

What is your main opinion on the difference between the two. I am an owner operator doing about 50 lawns a week. I'm unhappy with my toro z master and I'm just about to pull the trigger on a pro turn 52 but would think about bumping to the 152 to get the new X factor 2 deck if it's worth it. The problem is my dealer is sorta clueless and doesn't stock many commercial machines so I'm basing all off the look of a pro turn 60 and it's just a mess. I would love love love to demo the 2 different units but no dealers within 100 miles run demos. I'm going to test drive the pro turn 60 tomorrow just around the dealers parking lot so I guess it will be interesting to see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

if you are using it commercially i bet you will be better off going with the 152 instead. im sure you will love it during the demo but the commercial machine is meant to be used commercially, hence the name.. im sure if you dont plan on keeping it forever the pro-turn 52 will suit you fine. from what i have seen and witnessed from gravely, they are overbuilt and a very solid machine. that is all i plan on using for the forseeable future.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The pro turn deck is great - I prefer it to the xf2.

If you search for gmlc's 452 review thread the majority of the cut quality pics are with the old deck - and it's pretty impressive
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
What is your main opinion on the difference between the two. I am an owner operator doing about 50 lawns a week. I'm unhappy with my toro z master and I'm just about to pull the trigger on a pro turn 52 but would think about bumping to the 152 to get the new X factor 2 deck if it's worth it. The problem is my dealer is sorta clueless and doesn't stock many commercial machines so I'm basing all off the look of a pro turn 60 and it's just a mess. I would love love love to demo the 2 different units but no dealers within 100 miles run demos. I'm going to test drive the pro turn 60 tomorrow just around the dealers parking lot so I guess it will be interesting to see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted
Posted via Mobile Device
The difference between the XF1 and XF2 is adjustability. The XF2 has adjustable front baffles and a larger discharge opening. I love to fine tune and dial equipment in to be perfect for the conditions, so the XF2 is a good fit for me. Others do not want to play with baffles or adjust anything so they may never touch anything. The XF1 cuts amazing as is so its a great option period.

Now the Pro Turn is an entry level commercial machine. You get a lot of quality for the price. But the gap between the Pro Turn and Pro Turn 100 series is quite big. The 100 series is a full commercial machine and built much better. It also costs quite a bit more. IMO the 100 series would be a better fit for you because of the number of properties you maintain. Plus Im sure you will be growing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

The thing I like about the pro turn is that the smaller/ lighter stature of the machine so it will not tear and damage as much turf as my z master. Also I am an owner operator and with my current situation I cannot grow in the next four years so all I need to do is have this last me four years. What are you thoughts on that? I will be the only operator so it will not he abused at all and always maintaijed
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
The thing I like about the pro turn is that the smaller/ lighter stature of the machine so it will not tear and damage as much turf as my z master. Also I am an owner operator and with my current situation I cannot grow in the next four years so all I need to do is have this last me four years. What are you thoughts on that? I will be the only operator so it will not he abused at all and always maintaijed
Posted via Mobile Device
The Pro Turn should be just fine for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Member

That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm ecstatic to test drive it today
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm ecstatic to test drive it today
Posted via Mobile Device
Please let us know how it goes!