Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New Gravely Commercial 21

Gravely,

When is your new commercial 21 mower going to be available and what are the prices going to be for it? Also how many models will you have i.e. push, self propelled, Blade clutch, kawasaki, Honda, ect?

Also is it being built by Eastman Industries or have you bought the design/company and build them yourselves now?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
Gravely,

When is your new commercial 21 mower going to be available and what are the prices going to be for it? Also how many models will you have i.e. push, self propelled, Blade clutch, kawasaki, Honda, ect?

Also is it being built by Eastman Industries or have you bought the design/company and build them yourselves now?
Church2224 - Thanks for asking about our new Commercial 21" mower. Here is a link to our website with all the information on this mower. We are showing it at GIE+EXPO next week, and it will be available for spring. Please check with your local dealer for pricing, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
Church2224 - Thanks for asking about our new Commercial 21" mower. Here is a link to our website with all the information on this mower. We are showing it at GIE+EXPO next week, and it will be available for spring. Please check with your local dealer for pricing, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
Thanks Gravely! Much appreciated.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting looking machine on the web page.

I am always wondering why the promotional pages are so limited with photos and details. Just like all others, there is one photo. It is way too limiting to be of much value. For example, no details on bag/mulch procedure. There is no detail on height adjustment. There is no detail on the operator controls. Digital pictures are so easy, and can be incorporated into these pages without much effort. I am always leflt wanting with so much potential to explain the machine visually, but the opportunities are not utilized. Not picking on Gravely here, everybody does it.

Even better would be a walk-around video of a couple of minutes, pointing out these details. Videos of the mower passing across a lawn in various ways may look cool, but does little to explain the machine to a potential buyer. Commercial buyers are not impressed with slick videos, rather those that provide useful information to understand if the machine fits their daily needs.

Details, details, details!!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Sponsor

Gravely Commercial 21" Walk-Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post

I am always wondering why the promotional pages are so limited with photos and details. Just like all others, there is one photo. It is way too limiting to be of much value. For example, no details on bag/mulch procedure. There is no detail on height adjustment. There is no detail on the operator controls. Digital pictures are so easy, and can be incorporated into these pages without much effort. I am always leflt wanting with so much potential to explain the machine visually, but the opportunities are not utilized. Not picking on Gravely here, everybody does it.

Even better would be a walk-around video of a couple of minutes, pointing out these details. Videos of the mower passing across a lawn in various ways may look cool, but does little to explain the machine to a potential buyer. Commercial buyers are not impressed with slick videos, rather those that provide useful information to understand if the machine fits their daily needs.

Sorry you were not able to find all the information you wanted on the Commercial 21". I visited with the Product Manager, and they do have a short video that they are working on that will be added to the website soon.

As far as accessories, there aren't any for this model as the 2.5 bushel bag is standard, and there is a standard mulch plug as well.

The video will be a good visual for you, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Sponsor

Gravely 21" Commercial Walk-Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Roger - We have added the Commercial 21" video to our website. I believe it will answer your questions on the features and benefits of this mower.

Hopefully this will help you, and feel free to reach out if you have other questions.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Old 03-15-2014, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

We just ordered two Gravely Commercial 21's. We are excited to use them. In the past we have just used a heavier duty residential 21" since we use our Gravely Pro Turn 460 for almost everything, but this year we have a need for commercial duty thanks to a large HOA account. Now all we need is for the snow to finish melting!!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Sponsor

Gravely Commercial 21's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik1981 View Post
We just ordered two Gravely Commercial 21's. We are excited to use them. In the past we have just used a heavier duty residential 21" since we use our Gravely Pro Turn 460 for almost everything, but this year we have a need for commercial duty thanks to a large HOA account. Now all we need is for the snow to finish melting!!
Erik1981 - Thanks so much for letting us know about your purchase. These units will work well with the Pro-Turn 460 to get into the tight spaces. We'll be anxious to hear how they work for you.

Thanks for being part of our Gravely family, and I hope you will get to use them in the near future as winter should be coming to an end soon!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik1981 View Post
Excitement quickly turns to disappointment with this machine. First of all for not having a bbc and having an aluminum deck this thing is heavy!! Next thing I noticed on my first lawn is how dull the blade came from the factory (it was leaving stragglers on dry normal growth.) Next was the joy of trying to empty the bag, the opening is very small and it makes it very hard. The deck looks like it has alot of vacuum but again I was disappointed, it struggles to suck up even the smallest dryest leaves and debris. Mulching isnt too good either, if its tall or wet you have to go slow. Speaking of wich the gearing is uncomfortable as well, 2nd is kind of slow but 3rd is wayyy too fast. Another issue I have is the mower runs rough until its warm but I dont have time to take it to the dealer and I can not be without a mower (hence me spending $1100 on a mower I thought was ok) all in all this thing doesnt hold a candle to the residential honda that it replaced.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I can not believe your are trying to mow in 3rd gear with this thing. I consider that gear only to be for walking (almost jogging) back to the trailer. Of course, it is not going to mulch well when you go that fast.
We have been pretty impressed with the mulching even on some very very thick 100% Kentucky Bluegrass lawns, you just have to go at a suitable speed...
As far as the blades I always sharpen even new blades before I put them on our mowers. I have never felt that blades come sharp enough from the factory.
I do have to say that the suction with the stock blades is significantly less than impressive but we just orders some high-lift blades to try. We have not tried bagging with it as of yet so I can not speak to that either.