Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No problem. I'm hoping to get one just like it this fall.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah its a good investment in this industry depending on the kind of work you want to do. Wheeled and tracked machines each have their place, as to the larger frame skids. This one is perfect for us because it still has a decent capacity without such a high operating weight (I move it in my dump trailer)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ah I was referring to the 7.3 haha! However next year I'm going to be looking for either a compact tractor or skid, not sure yet.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchannaultROLC View Post
Ah I was referring to the 7.3 haha! However next year I'm going to be looking for either a compact tractor or skid, not sure yet.
Haha! My fault sorry, well good luck to you finding a truck like that. They definitely don't come up very often. But they're reliable, and they're usually worth the money that you have to pay to get one.

I just got in from taking the side steps off of mine, and I repainted my old hitch, got a new hitch pin and lock. Thinking about getting one of those Andersen aluminum adjustable hitches, once I put in my levelling kit and new tires.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Haha! My fault sorry, well good luck to you finding a truck like that. They definitely don't come up very often. But they're reliable, and they're usually worth the money that you have to pay to get one.

I just got in from taking the side steps off of mine, and I repainted my old hitch, got a new hitch pin and lock. Thinking about getting one of those Andersen aluminum adjustable hitches, once I put in my levelling kit and new tires.
Haha no problem! I'm in MI however my dad lives in Arizona, so I'm going to search both states. If I find one down there it might be worth the drive back for sure. Hoping come time I can find a real nice one.

Those are nice hitches, I've been thinking of getting one myself.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Haha no problem! I'm in MI however my dad lives in Arizona, so I'm going to search both states. If I find one down there it might be worth the drive back for sure. Hoping come time I can find a real nice one.

Those are nice hitches, I've been thinking of getting one myself.
That's a good idea, look for a southern states truck. So much less corrosion on everything, it really makes
a big difference mechanically too.

Ya they seem well built, hard to find a drop hitch with enough capacity for any real weight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That's a good idea, look for a southern states truck. So much less corrosion on everything, it really makes
a big difference mechanically too.

Ya they seem well built, hard to find a drop hitch with enough capacity for any real weight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah the trucks down there can be 30 years old and look like they just rolled off the line. It's crazy. Really have my eyes on a 7.3, all I really want! haha

As for the hitch, it has the same cap as my adjustable pintle, which is pretty good. I think its around 10k for the 2 and 5/16, which to be honest I wouldn't really want any more than that on a ball hitch anyways.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yeah the trucks down there can be 30 years old and look like they just rolled off the line. It's crazy. Really have my eyes on a 7.3, all I really want! haha

As for the hitch, it has the same cap as my adjustable pintle, which is pretty good. I think its around 10k for the 2 and 5/16, which to be honest I wouldn't really want any more than that on a ball hitch anyways.
Do you want an auto 7.3, OBS or 98-03?

Also I have a pintle but it isn't adjustable because my dump trailer has an adjustable hitch. But I need a ball hight with enough drop to keep my enclosed level, because the front of the trailer is a little too high, and when I get new tires it's going to be higher. I haven't found an adjustable pintle/ball combo with enough drop for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Do you want an auto 7.3, OBS or 98-03?

Also I have a pintle but it isn't adjustable because my dump trailer has an adjustable hitch. But I need a ball hight with enough drop to keep my enclosed level, because the front of the trailer is a little too high, and when I get new tires it's going to be higher. I haven't found an adjustable pintle/ball combo with enough drop for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I'm looking for the 99+ model.

Mine drops a decent amount for being a pintle. My trailer is only a 2" ball being a single axle but it was on sale at Tractor Supply when I needed a new hitch, so I picked it up for when I rent equip. The Andersen seems to drop quite a bit, and is rated at 10k I believe. Costs just as much as a pintle/receiver plate combo too.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yeah I'm looking for the 99+ model.

Mine drops a decent amount for being a pintle. My trailer is only a 2" ball being a single axle but it was on sale at Tractor Supply when I needed a new hitch, so I picked it up for when I rent equip. The Andersen seems to drop quite a bit, and is rated at 10k I believe. Costs just as much as a pintle/receiver plate combo too.
Yeah seeing as I already have a seperate pintle for my dump trailer, I think I'll be getting an Andersen for my other trailers.