Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am now a firm believer that doing good work pays. We did a small cleanup and remulch on a new mowing account last week. Very nice house in 240 home community. We were actually asked to bid on the common areas for the HOA. Well the job came out awesome on the cleanup last week.
Well I get a call today and the number looks familiar, it's the homeowner we did the cleanup for. He now proceeds to tell me he is the HOA president and was very impressed with how his yard/landscape came out. So we are in the good graces of the HOA board and he was looking for my bid. So now I'm sitting in my office finishing the bid, he gave me some info on the bid and wanted to remove all the old mulch from current HOA landscaping and put all new fresh cypress mulch. They are making their decision 2morrow evening so it's crunch time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I am now a firm believer that doing good work pays. We did a small cleanup and remulch on a new mowing account last week. Very nice house in 240 home community. We were actually asked to bid on the common areas for the HOA. Well the job came out awesome on the cleanup last week.
Well I get a call today and the number looks familiar, it's the homeowner we did the cleanup for. He now proceeds to tell me he is the HOA president and was very impressed with how his yard/landscape came out. So we are in the good graces of the HOA board and he was looking for my bid. So now I'm sitting in my office finishing the bid, he gave me some info on the bid and wanted to remove all the old mulch from current HOA landscaping and put all new fresh cypress mulch. They are making their decision 2morrow evening so it's crunch time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good for you!! You've made quite the strides the past couple years. Here's to continued success!!! Hopefully I can catch the same bug you've got this year. More great customers!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bushhogging job from today.

Also just got notice we have till may 1st to move out of my shop I rent. They are selling the building. So now on the hunt again for a new shop with yard space.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

same damn thing happened to me and my shop. We had 1200 sq ft and about a half acre outside and now we are in two storage units for the time being. It sucks.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-19-2014, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Best of luck to you KK. When one door closes another door opens. Hope things go well with your bid.
7x14 enclosed trailer
60" toro
60" toro
52" toro
redmax blower's
sthil, redmax trimmer's
echo edger
cub push mowers
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Also just got notice we have till may 1st to move out of my shop I rent. They are selling the building. So now on the hunt again for a new shop with yard space.
That sucks man. All of us that rent shop space have been in your shoes before though.

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan

"Treat employees like they make a difference and they will." - Jim Goodnight

Old 03-20-2014, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Picked up a new weekly accnt in our new service area. I don't usually do one time cuts, but we landed a quick little $300 mulch job and the home owner asked if we could do a one time mow since they are having a birthday party Sat. We already cut in that community and are in the runnings for the HOA. So I turned a $300 job into a. $360 job and maybe added 20 mins of more work.

Ill throw some pics up 2morrow evening.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess something is in the water. I was just told last Thursday that my landlord sold his building and the new owner wants everyone out by May 15th. Found a larger one that has an office and a bathroom. Farther from my house though.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Made a deal with one of the property owners we bushhog for in our new service area. He gave permission for us to put up two of these 4x8 signs. Property is on a main hwy and has a red light in front of it. Thousands of people pass it each day.
I had two of these signs laying around so I got our new # printed in blue and put it on the signs. I think the blue # really gets your attention.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

New maintenance accnt.
Before:

After:

Posted via Mobile Device