Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2014, 03:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Has anyone ever complained to the state police and made a difference? I was pulled over in my new to me car for having a performance dot approved exhaust by a cop who about rearended me doing at least 80 trying to catch me speeding and then looking for any scrap he could find. He tried asking me a bunch of incriminating questions for a nibble on anything with meat on it and even questioned my insurance paper because it was a print out on my computer because I am waiting for insurance to be mailed to me. This is the first time I've been pulled over and text book questioned for incriminating evidence on things he had no reason for asking. Kinda made me hot especially because the real reason I was pulled over was because I was driving a nice Honda del sol in Lansing at 10:30 pm. 2nd time in Lansing with that car and second time being pulled over. The first time they at least waited to catch me at a speed drop where you can't really see the sign. Think its even worth the time calling the police post?
Posted via Mobile Device
Exercise your right to remain silent.

Give them your license, registration and insurance. If he isn't writing you, ask if you can leave.

Get somewhere with MSP?

I've seen these idiots think they can stop a vehicle on slippery roads just because they walk in front of it. Several times. Everyone else waits for a break in traffic. Not the troopers. They are one level above God.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Exercise your right to remain silent.

Give them your license, registration and insurance. If he isn't writing you, ask if you can leave.

Get somewhere with MSP?

I've seen these idiots think they can stop a vehicle on slippery roads just because they walk in front of it. Several times. Everyone else waits for a break in traffic. Not the troopers. They are one level above God.
I wasn't really hot till I left and realized what happened. If I would of been on my game I would reminded silent to see what the punk would of done. I could tell he was fresh out of cadet school. Down towards me unless you are endangering someone you most likely won't ever be pulled over.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2014, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I wasn't really hot till I left and realized what happened. If I would of been on my game I would reminded silent to see what the punk would of done. I could tell he was fresh out of cadet school. Down towards me unless you are endangering someone you most likely won't ever be pulled over.
Posted via Mobile Device
There was--not sure if she still is--a very dedicated MC officer out of the Wayland post a few years back. She was giving a guy (who plowed for me several years back) a bunch of grief for not having his concrete trailer pump licensed. He went back and forth between MSP and SOS. SOS said he did not need to register it, nothing to register, etc. It's a dedicated trailer. The only thing it can do is pump concrete. A-hole from MSP still gave him and his employee grief. He had talked to her sgt\supervisor\whatever before and called him again to complain about yet another stop. This gentleman was told she was not working that day. His reply "Well I'll be )*^(*&^ if you don't have one dedicated trooper, because she just pulled over my truck again a half hour ago."

I don't recall exactly, but I do believe the harassment stopped at this point.

For me, if I deserve a ticket, I will not give them any crap, other than just hurry up and get it done with. I have stuff to do. But I screwed up, I am not going to argue or debate. If they want to try some BS like you are referring to, then I am going to get pissed and argue\debate\etc.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
There was--not sure if she still is--a very dedicated MC officer out of the Wayland post a few years back. She was giving a guy (who plowed for me several years back) a bunch of grief for not having his concrete trailer pump licensed. He went back and forth between MSP and SOS. SOS said he did not need to register it, nothing to register, etc. It's a dedicated trailer. The only thing it can do is pump concrete. A-hole from MSP still gave him and his employee grief. He had talked to her sgt\supervisor\whatever before and called him again to complain about yet another stop. This gentleman was told she was not working that day. His reply "Well I'll be )*^(*&^ if you don't have one dedicated trooper, because she just pulled over my truck again a half hour ago."

I don't recall exactly, but I do believe the harassment stopped at this point.

For me, if I deserve a ticket, I will not give them any crap, other than just hurry up and get it done with. I have stuff to do. But I screwed up, I am not going to argue or debate. If they want to try some BS like you are referring to, then I am going to get pissed and argue\debate\etc.
That story kinda reminds me of the lady who pulled me over before. I can't remember the reason originally but she noticed I didn't have my mowers tied down (down here very few ever do) and I wasn't going far, but when I did and she then did not like the way I did it. She first insisted me on me tieing it down by main frame where all my hydro lines and deck lift linkage run. I told that was not a good idea and I could break something. Then she wanted to have me tie it down by the mower deck. That made me laugh and told her that wasn't a good idea either. Then she got really pissy and threatened to get motor carriers out. That would of been a good 30 min and I know how that would of been so I was finally like screw it. Whatever would make you happy lady.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

What I find funny is that I ran 3 months with no trailer licence plate because it kept being ripped off. I didn't have the time to build a proper braket and I had 4 police follow me and no one pulled me over for it. I dont understand them lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure if I can remember the details exactly, but one of my guys had a small fender bender during a snowstorm a few years back. Accidents all over, cops backed up forever trying to take reports, etc. There was a dime sized dimple in a mini-van hatchback and no damage to our plow. I told him to exchange info with the other driver and they could do a report later. As the law allows.

Trooper called him a while later, threatened him with ticketing him for leaving the scene of an accident, blah, blah, blah. He runs over to the post in the time given him, she's not there. She was at their other location in GR. He goes there, she gives him the 10th degree, etc.

I spoke with him and called the trooper. Told her that her threat was bogus and she and I both knew it would never fly, because MI state law allows exchange of info for non-injury accidents with damage under $1K. She asked me how I knew the damage was under $1K. I said how do you know it wasn't? I saw the picture, she didn't. Didn't even scratch the paint. She went on a rant about something with that law, I asked her why that law was there if it wasn't supposed to be used?

She was very angry at this point. I told her that apparently she forgot the "to serve" part of their oath and that threatening someone with a bogus charge that wouldn't stick in any court was anything but serving the people who paid her salary. Then she was really pissed. Said I could call her supervisor.

Then the motor carrier guy showed up. lol He was decent but did not understand the above law either. It was my one and only truck that did not have an inspection that year. We had it scheduled and it kept snowing. I readily admitted to it and he wrote me for it. No arguments, no debates, I was in the wrong. The part of the convo I did argue with him about, was, he told me that CMV's had to remain at the scene of an accident to be inspected. I told him the same thing I told the other troop: no injury, damage under $1K, exchange info and see ya later. He disagreed. After he left, I looked up the law again. There is NOTHING in the law about CMV's having to wait for a report when the above 2 items are met.

Just goes to show, too many laws that even the enforcers can't get them straight.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What I find funny is that I ran 3 months with no trailer licence plate because it kept being ripped off. I didn't have the time to build a proper braket and I had 4 police follow me and no one pulled me over for it. I dont understand them lol
Posted via Mobile Device
I've NEVER done that before.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Hose Reel

If anyone is looking for a electric hose reel I have this one. 400' of high pressure hose. Like new we used if for a few years for sprinkler winterizations. $300
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Not sure if I can remember the details exactly, but one of my guys had a small fender bender during a snowstorm a few years back. Accidents all over, cops backed up forever trying to take reports, etc. There was a dime sized dimple in a mini-van hatchback and no damage to our plow. I told him to exchange info with the other driver and they could do a report later. As the law allows.

Trooper called him a while later, threatened him with ticketing him for leaving the scene of an accident, blah, blah, blah. He runs over to the post in the time given him, she's not there. She was at their other location in GR. He goes there, she gives him the 10th degree, etc.

I spoke with him and called the trooper. Told her that her threat was bogus and she and I both knew it would never fly, because MI state law allows exchange of info for non-injury accidents with damage under $1K. She asked me how I knew the damage was under $1K. I said how do you know it wasn't? I saw the picture, she didn't. Didn't even scratch the paint. She went on a rant about something with that law, I asked her why that law was there if it wasn't supposed to be used?

She was very angry at this point. I told her that apparently she forgot the "to serve" part of their oath and that threatening someone with a bogus charge that wouldn't stick in any court was anything but serving the people who paid her salary. Then she was really pissed. Said I could call her supervisor.

Then the motor carrier guy showed up. lol He was decent but did not understand the above law either. It was my one and only truck that did not have an inspection that year. We had it scheduled and it kept snowing. I readily admitted to it and he wrote me for it. No arguments, no debates, I was in the wrong. The part of the convo I did argue with him about, was, he told me that CMV's had to remain at the scene of an accident to be inspected. I told him the same thing I told the other troop: no injury, damage under $1K, exchange info and see ya later. He disagreed. After he left, I looked up the law again. There is NOTHING in the law about CMV's having to wait for a report when the above 2 items are met.

Just goes to show, too many laws that even the enforcers can't get them straight.
if you were just snow plowing your truck would not be under commercial laws right? unless the gvw was over 10k? Glad we don't have to worry about that crap any more.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

This cold is driving me crazy. No heated garage to work in..... Looking forward to the warmer temps they are forecasting for this coming week.

Tags
alternative landscaping