Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2014, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Vac System for walk behind mower

I am selling a custom built vacuum system for a walk behind lawn mower. The vacuum is run by an 18 HP Vanguard engine which feeds into a 30 cubic feet Protero grass catcher. As you might notice in the picture, the grass catcher has a quick release handle which dumps all debris that is caught simply by pushing the lever forward. I had this system custom built before the Fall of 2012 and it worked great. I first used it for Fall Cleanups in 2012 and it was an absolute beast. Like with any vac system, the mowing speed has to be performed at a lower rate than usual. However, once the proper speed is found, the system sucks up all debris that is in its way (grass clippings, leaves, acorns, etc.) usually only leaving the larger sticks behind. In 2013 I used the system for both Spring and Fall Cleanups. In the Spring time it worked wonders for the first and second mows of the season. It eliminated the need to blow out the entire yards, and was very effective in sucking up all the dead grass that my detacher was kicking up. It also proved to be very effective in the Fall of 2013 also. This system also can easily be hooked up to a truck and used as a vacuum for sucking leaves into the bed of a truck or trailer. The 18 HP engine gives it plenty of power to suck up any pile of leaves or debris you may be trying to suck up, and is much larger than most other vacuums that are sold at power equipment stores. However, I never set it up on a truck because I have another vacuum set up on my trailer so had no need for it on the truck. Over this past winter I sold off a lot of my smaller lawn accounts in order to begin to expand the construction and tree work aspect of my company, so I do not have much purpose for it anymore. My expenses for putting this entire system together were close to $7000, after buying all the parts having it specially welded. I am looking to get $5000 for the entire system. If you were to price out what it would cost to have both a vacuum for a walk behind mower and a vacuum for a truck, this price would seem pretty fair to me. In addition to that, this thing really saves time on cleanups. I have been landscaping since I was 14 and have been a part of Spring and Fall cleanups since then, and I have never experienced a machine for a walk behind mower that was as powerful and/or as efficient as this product. Feel free to call/text me with any questions you may have. (203) 525-1239. My name is Matt. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.2 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg image_1.jpg (53.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg image_2.jpg (58.6 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg image_3.jpg (73.7 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg image_4.jpg (64.1 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg image_5.jpg (67.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg image_6.jpg (54.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg image_7.jpg (47.7 KB, 155 views)
Old 02-24-2014, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Best one I've ever saw mounted on a WB.. I thought the Trac Vac for a WB was good. Dang it don't compare at all to yours...
Old 02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

That's a great vac
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.5 KB, 164 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Still for sale. Feel free to make offers
Old 03-05-2014, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

All offers will be considered
Old 03-06-2014, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this on craigslist, very interesting.

Free bump

And still not rich

Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry buddy. These are $2000 brand new. Looks like all you've done is dig yourself a giant hole and you will never get out. Just use it and have it make you money to pay for your HUGE mistake.

Tags
protero , vac system , vacuum , vanguard , walk behind