Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2014, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron86 View Post
Franchise's are just another scab on the industry plain and simple companies like this here in Canada will go to no extent to lie cheat and steal work from the private businesses we have had to threaten multitudes of the so called professionals with legal action over their practices they are known to follow our trucks around wait for you to leave then attempt to poach the job to conclude my little rant be careful when they are around their practices are very questionable and dangerous for companies like myself
Here's a plain and simple fact for you, if you had such practices going on with this company why didn't you call the corporate offices? I've not known any such things around here to back up your story!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Here's a plain and simple fact for you, if you had such practices going on with this company why didn't you call the corporate offices? I've not known any such things around here to back up your story!
We did that would be when we threatened legal action
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There are always a few bad apples you can't judge the whole franchise by the actions of one franchise alone, just sayin.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Just saying I know the franchises out this way are are screwing everyone they can our only saving grace is that people are starting to see their true colours
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2014, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

With my experience in dealing with the Dwyer Group most of the people I have delt with have been very helpful and knowledgeable on any questions I have had... If you have a group following you and talking to customers after you leave that does not sound like the "usual" group of the Grounds Guys... It sounds like some dumb ass trying to milk your customer, but it does not sound like any of the people I have talked to with the Grounds Guys at all...
Old 03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

We'll it is good to hear that their not all a bunch of screw balls but which ever route you choose to go just rember your clients will always appreciate you more if you are honest with them than if you try to push unnessarry services on them your clients talk and word of mouth is always great advertising
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron86 View Post
We'll it is good to hear that their not all a bunch of screw balls but which ever route you choose to go just rember your clients will always appreciate you more if you are honest with them than if you try to push unnessarry services on them your clients talk and word of mouth is always great advertising
Posted via Mobile Device
Aaron,

I would find out who the local franchise owner is and talk to him, he may not even be aware of what's going on, I've been in situations myself where my guys are doing stuff I was unaware of until a customer told me and I very quickly put a squash on it. When you have multiple crews out and around it's hard to know what all is going on, as an owner we can't be everywhere all the time, and as the old saying goes "When the cat is away the mouse will play"
Old 03-24-2014, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm under the assumption they know because they are leaving their card
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
From my life experenceis I will say I wouldnt do it. They want 23k for nothing then Im sure they want you tpo purcahase trucks from them.

A Franchise in lawncare really serves no purpose,a fast food franchise might be worth something. No one knows suhshine gras cutters bit everyone knows McDonalds
mcdonalds started somewhere
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Franchise vs having a subcontractor as your primary customer?
Posted via Mobile Device