Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2014, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

...And that my friends is why we add simazine to the mix. It broadens the spectrum of weeds controlled, both post emergently and pre emergently. While its pre emergent qualities don't last long, they last long enough for the turf to get up and growing. If you are fighting tons of broadleaf weeds by mid growing season, then your fertilization program is lacking.

Prodiamine lists a few broadleaf weeds on the label as being controlled but its list isn't nearly as long as say Pendimethalin.

Greendoctor, I know you are prohibited from using simazine but many states on the mainland have it registered for use. I'll bet its legal in Texas and is safe to use in warm season turf of all varieties
Old 03-21-2014, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Before it got removed from the market here(2008) and Gallery became available, I used it use it. Regularly. So would the golf courses here. When I was working for a company that installed zoysia and St Augustine via sprigs or plugs. Back then, a 2 lb application 7 days after install and another 1 lb 30-45 days later made for a weed free grow in. No broadleaves or grassy weeds. Grow ins not treated that way would become a weed party. You do not apply the orange herbicides to a grow in and Ronstar is in residential turf. I would also use it in combination with Image and/or MSMA for control of emerged weeds as well as prevention of further weed emergence. In those days, any yo-yo with a hand can of Trimec Plus could kill emerged weeds, but could he keep the lawn clean without incessant spot spraying. I would be SOL right now without the sulfonylurea herbicides. A number of them have the sustained residual activity to keep a lawn clean.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mix Simazine in with the Stonewall. Stonewall's focus is grassy weeds while Simazine will get the broadleaf. This is our spring pre-em app.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

One annoying property with stonewall is the yellow. Do other pre-m have the color? And hard to get every spec disolved. Air injection screens clog easily.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
One annoying property with stonewall is the yellow. Do other pre-m have the color? And hard to get every spec disolved. Air injection screens clog easily.
We use the prodiamine 65 WDG and it's yellow as well. You really have to keep it well agitated.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Pendulum EC has no yellow color at all and it smells like you're walking through a Rose Garden. I love that stuff...