Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

The Model 800 Spreader is an excellent tow behind granular material spreader designed for spreading seed, fertilizer, sand, salt, lime and similar materials. The model 800 spreader is larger than many small spreaders, and has an internal drag chain to break up material and help drag the material to the opening, which is superior to smaller spreaders with the spinning wire agitators. The model 800 fertilizer spreader has many other great features including: non-rust poly hopper with large 9 cubic ft. size; pneumatic tires on 8 inch rims, and heavy duty steel frame construction.

Features/Specifications: 9 cubic ft. capacity hopper (large granules will weigh around 400 lbs., small granules like sand will weigh around 800 lbs.) Non-rust tough poly hopper, dimensions - 48 inches long x 18 inches high x 30 inches wide at top. Internal steel drag chain to break up material and help drag material toward hopper opening, runs the length of the hopper. Heavy steel frame won't flex or bend. Spreader is stable, wheel width measures 48 inches wide from outside of wheel to outside of wheel. Wheels are high flotation 16 x 6.50 - 8.00 tires with turf tread tires. Spreader can be towed by garden and utility tractors with 12 hp or more, and by most ATV's in this size range. Ground driven spreader, one wheel drives spinner with v-belt; one wheel drives drag chain with v-belt, has clutch lever to engage/disengage drag chain, spinner always turns, material door has lever on tongue to open or close. Spreader weighs approximately 200lbs.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclawn View Post
The Model 800 Spreader is an excellent tow behind granular material spreader designed for spreading seed, fertilizer, sand, salt, lime and similar materials. The model 800 spreader is larger than many small spreaders, and has an internal drag chain to break up material and help drag the material to the opening, which is superior to smaller spreaders with the spinning wire agitators. The model 800 fertilizer spreader has many other great features including: non-rust poly hopper with large 9 cubic ft. size; pneumatic tires on 8 inch rims, and heavy duty steel frame construction.

Features/Specifications: 9 cubic ft. capacity hopper (large granules will weigh around 400 lbs., small granules like sand will weigh around 800 lbs.) Non-rust tough poly hopper, dimensions - 48 inches long x 18 inches high x 30 inches wide at top. Internal steel drag chain to break up material and help drag material toward hopper opening, runs the length of the hopper. Heavy steel frame won't flex or bend. Spreader is stable, wheel width measures 48 inches wide from outside of wheel to outside of wheel. Wheels are high flotation 16 x 6.50 - 8.00 tires with turf tread tires. Spreader can be towed by garden and utility tractors with 12 hp or more, and by most ATV's in this size range. Ground driven spreader, one wheel drives spinner with v-belt; one wheel drives drag chain with v-belt, has clutch lever to engage/disengage drag chain, spinner always turns, material door has lever on tongue to open or close. Spreader weighs approximately 200lbs.

For a sports field that may work but the 48" width makes it unsuitable for residential use. A tow behind unit for residential use would also be much more time consuming to use then a self propelled unit. Plus between the spreader and what your going to pull it with your taking up a lot of trailer space that could be used for material that your going to spread.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 03-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Sponsor

Hey aclawn, re-size that photo please. We get the idea!

Who sells this beast? I'm interested.
Toll Free (844) 266-9375
Certified Soil Foodweb Advisor
"Products, Service and Support for Ecological Land Care"
Old 03-26-2014, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to hear how much business some of you other guys are doing. I should be top dressing almost 600,000 square feet when I finish for the season next week.

I charged $69 per 1000 for 1/2 yard applications and $109 for 3/4 yard per 1000 applications. I did a few distance jobs where I charged more. I'm going back to last years $75 per 1000 price unless fuel goes up and then it might be more. I have a 5,000 minimum. I've done smaller but the price is a 5K price still.

Have any of you guys also managed to be near the top of the first page of Google organically?

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have one load more going out on Monday. I will have spread about 292 yards this spring and done $38,750 in sales. Next year the price goes up by $10 and will net another $5840 for the same amount of work.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I have one load more going out on Monday. I will have spread about 292 yards this spring and done $38,750 in sales. Next year the price goes up by $10 and will net another $5840 for the same amount of work.
Bravo! Keep up the excellent work!
Toll Free (844) 266-9375
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I second that! And conventional wisdom says you can't make a profit on compost topdressing.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-04-2014, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice.

I am just starting out this season, using the Eco200 (which I am picking up in a few weeks), and a leaf compost from northern WI. Starting from scratch, I am just hoping to make my money back on the machine + material spread. I would consider that a great start.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Sponsor

Awesome.

Since the ECO-200 had come out, we've only sold one ECO-100 (and we've sold many dozens).

You should do very well with this machine...!
Toll Free (844) 266-9375
Old 04-05-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I bet if you experimented with a diverter shield you could make the Eco 100 not be so top heavy in throwing to the right. Changing the size of the front pulley to slow down the wheel throwing the material might help as well.

I'd bet as Eco runs out of parts inventory the Eco 100 goes away. I don't mind the material being thrown heavier to the right since I have to make two passes with most applications. The right side throwing heavy is great for going along driveways, curbs, and other areas where you want a heavier dose.