Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My website just went live... now i need SEO help

http://www.aboveparlawnservices.com/

Yes it's Go Daddy, yes it's a template but i think it will work for me. I'd like a few of yours professional opinion on other seo work i need to do. I'm targeting a very small area (Blue Springs, Mo) where I live. Thanks in advance and BE EASY on me! Thank you Tony for all your advise thus far!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Member

spend your money on google ad-words instead, better return on investment. You need about 500 words per page for google spiders to pick you up.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanum View Post
spend your money on google ad-words instead, better return on investment. You need about 500 words per page for google spiders to pick you up.
Im referring to things i can do myself to the site to make it more search engine friendly. Spending money on Adwords is not something i'm interested in.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
Im referring to things i can do myself to the site to make it more search engine friendly. Spending money on Adwords is not something i'm interested in.
Then start with 500 words, it will make the seo easier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanum View Post
Then start with 500 words, it will make the seo easier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, I will work on that.

What should i type in for my 'Site Title and Tagline?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im using the Yoast plugin to enter in my Focus Keyword, seo title and meta description, but im thinking theres still alot left to do. One thing ive noticed is how the tab on my computer always says Above Par Lawn Services Blue Springs while i navigate through every page on my site. On other sites it will change to describe each individual service page. Can someone explain to me more about that please?!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Im using the Yoast plugin to enter in my Focus Keyword, seo title and meta description, but im thinking theres still alot left to do. One thing ive noticed is how the tab on my computer always says Above Par Lawn Services Blue Springs while i navigate through every page on my site. On other sites it will change to describe each individual service page. Can someone explain to me more about that please?!
The issue with the same TITLE across every page is probably a SEO plugin using the "default" plugin value you set instead of actual page TITLE which WP naturally generates.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

so should i just be able to change a setting somewhere then? I'm just wondering because i'm trying to encorporate H1 tags? It seems like the pages TITLE is similar to what I want the H1 TAG to be but if theyre the same it would show twice on the page. How do I best utilize the pages title while adding H1 and H2 tags?
Old 03-25-2014, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks, I will work on that.

What should i type in for my 'Site Title and Tagline?
Log into WordPress, they have losds of free subscriptions and tips for seo. That said I took advice on it and have a company rebuilding my site now. The reason I suggested Adwords is it will get you to #1 slot a whole lot quicker than seo. With good content and an up to date blog (useful information) Google will pull you up quicker. I came to the conclusion that I can't do everything, sometimes you need the experts, it's actually cheaper to get someone than do it myself. This goes for seo. The return on investment is 10 to 1.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2014, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't overdo it. That first sentence on your homepage is over optimized. Go over your site carefully and make sure you are using your Title tag, H1, H2, and image alt tags to tell Google who you are, what you do, and where you do it- without bludgeoning your clients with the name of the city they live in!

Check out your pages with this tool: http://www.internetmarketingninjas.c...-optimization/

Get a plug-in for your browser that analyzes the onsite SEO of sites. This will help you see what your competitors are doing.

Get your site connected to your G+/Local page. Do the same for Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, Houzz, etc.

That should be a good start.