Old 03-18-2014, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to post this for the sake of the thread

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossPlowMaster View Post
Most of you all are just ignorant a - holes who would rather insult each other and belittle each other than actually help the industry grow. How bout all of you that don't have any valuable input, get off the site and go get your hands dirty. I know why I joined lawnsite and that was to gain knowledge and pick some people's brains about different things.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its probably because its been a very long (too long) winter and we all want to get out and MOW!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The guys offering work for that cheap ARE illegal..one way or the other....they are NOT paying taxes...they are NOT licensed....DUH!!! Best way to deal with them is laugh when they fail. I wouldn't swerve around one of these welfare rats. I don't know if I hate the fat white republican who hired them(and claims to be patriotic), or the illegal scumbag stealing from legit operations. Kill em all!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Your company is going live on the snow Since your from a state that has lots of snow. That's where your company will grow from is the winter income. Your winters are longer then your summer?
Good job on the winter
well this years winter has been approximately 5 months long. still waiting for lawn care but thats okay because it gives me time to get moved into my new shop and place and get my office set back up and get crews set and yata yata.
Running 2 crews this year. 1 full time lawn mowing crew and 1 part time for the landscape installs etc.
2014 2 Stihl Trimmers
2014 1 Stihl Backpack Blowers
*On call Bobcat 763 Skid Loader
*On call International 5 yrd. dump
2014 8'x20' Enclosed
2000 8'x12' Utility
2013 7.5'x16' Dump
2014 7'x16' Flatbed
1991 Chevy 2500 Reg Cab LB
2006 Ford F350 Reg Cab LB
Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoa! Johnny Rocker! Aren't you the L.S political pundit! LOL

Sorry guys, I am completely with my boy TPendiggy on this one....

Notice how not once did TPendiggy (that's my new name for TPendagast by the way) claim that he has used these tactics? That's what I love about my boy TPendiggy, super objective. Some of you other gentlemen should try to calm down a bit and act like the Pendiggles.

Now on to my 2 pesos.

I want to see the industry do well and provide all of us with steady income and security just as much as the next guy.

But one thing I will never do is claim to know or understand another company's financial situation, financial strategy, or even business plan.

To call somebody a "lowballer" is to claim that you know absolutely everything about that person/company.

My rates are great, I know what my costs are and what I need to charge. Seems to me that the whole "lowballer this, lowballer that" mentality comes from insecurity.

And let's get one thing straight. Companies out there without licenses and insurance are just that. The fact that they are operating illegally makes the whole issue null and void. What if an illegal operation is charging $100 for a postage stamp? Are they still lowballers?

I think what everybody needs to do is worry about themselves, it has been said before.... There is more than enough work. If you are to insecure or to unintelligent to go get it, then that is your problem. Not the guys down the street with no insurance charging $20.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Whoa! Johnny Rocker! Aren't you the L.S political pundit! LOL

Sorry guys, I am completely with my boy TPendiggy on this one....

Notice how not once did TPendiggy (that's my new name for TPendagast by the way) claim that he has used these tactics? That's what I love about my boy TPendiggy, super objective. Some of you other gentlemen should try to calm down a bit and act like the Pendiggles.

Now on to my 2 pesos.

I want to see the industry do well and provide all of us with steady income and security just as much as the next guy.

But one thing I will never do is claim to know or understand another company's financial situation, financial strategy, or even business plan.

To call somebody a "lowballer" is to claim that you know absolutely everything about that person/company.

My rates are great, I know what my costs are and what I need to charge. Seems to me that the whole "lowballer this, lowballer that" mentality comes from insecurity.

And let's get one thing straight. Companies out there without licenses and insurance are just that. The fact that they are operating illegally makes the whole issue null and void. What if an illegal operation is charging $100 for a postage stamp? Are they still lowballers?

I think what everybody needs to do is worry about themselves, it has been said before.... There is more than enough work. If you are to insecure or to unintelligent to go get it, then that is your problem. Not the guys down the street with no insurance charging $20.
There really is more work out there than is possible to get for ALL LCO's combined. Nobody likes to mow their lawn. It's an easy freakin sell.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-28-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
There really is more work out there than is possible to get for ALL LCO's combined. Nobody likes to mow their lawn. It's an easy freakin sell.
I agree. I always have an abundance of work, with very little advertising.

Low balling does exist, check out the thread "price venting" to see some prime examples, one guy listed three bids sent in for a large account, 109k 99k 48k.

Half.

Another sent in by a guy bidding 5 lawns together, 20 total acres.

His bid 1200, the winner? 350. 17.50 an acre.

I won't even cut 2000k for less than 26 bucks, and i know that's low, but that's only for houses in condo complexes with under 3k. Worth it, they all get tons of other work, and I make crazy money per hour doing them at 26. Way more than cutting acres for 70.

This isn't an issue of "I don't know other companies costs" this is an issue of "unfortunately it's pretty easy to get into this business, and people roll in with no clue of what their costs are so they bid insanely low prices."
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenningsLandscaping View Post
I agree. I always have an abundance of work, with very little advertising.

Low balling does exist, check out the thread "price venting" to see some prime examples, one guy listed three bids sent in for a large account, 109k 99k 48k.

Half.

Another sent in by a guy bidding 5 lawns together, 20 total acres.

His bid 1200, the winner? 350. 17.50 an acre.

I won't even cut 2000k for less than 26 bucks, and i know that's low, but that's only for houses in condo complexes with under 3k. Worth it, they all get tons of other work, and I make crazy money per hour doing them at 26. Way more than cutting acres for 70.

This isn't an issue of "I don't know other companies costs" this is an issue of "unfortunately it's pretty easy to get into this business, and people roll in with no clue of what their costs are so they bid insanely low prices."
Posted via Mobile Device
You're being kind.

It's an easy entry business with a bunch of idiots who can't add. A gallon of gas costs this. My truck and mower burns that. Add it up, idiot! They can't. They won't. It might as well be Chinese to them. They literally can't do it.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-28-2014, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Somehow double posted
Old 03-28-2014, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post

Well….yes and no.

You have admit in certain geographical areas, the industry is just plain saturated to death…

BUT
Nation wide, there is more work than you (or anyone) cant do, and I have said that before.

Trying to run everyone out of business with a shotgun is semi nonsensical.
You just can't do it all by yourself (although even I try to chase a few companies off from time to time)

IF there was only one company in your area, and you had the market all to yourself, guess what else wouldn't be there?
Vendors.
No multiple dealers to choose from, no fertilizer/plant material dealer…etc etc.

Competition is good, an healthy for economy.

Plus, anytime you get a PIA customer…it's always helpful to have a competitor you can't stand to refer them to. (I also like to send all the employees I fire to them as well)