Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Let me hop on board as well. Mini Z, 19 Kawasaki, starter assist kit upgrade 2 seasons ago. Starting was intermittent but nothing now. Same symptoms as the other posters- clicking solenoid.

I have interchanged existing relays (but have not bought new ones), cleaned and brushed all terminals and connections on solenoid, battery and ignition, installed new battery with 300/350 crank amps. I can jump the solenoid and it starts immediately. Suggestions?

Thanks

Peter
Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a bad solenoid if it clicks and you can jump across the two big posts to crank the engine.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

PJ

Do you have a part # or x-reference you can provide for the solenoid?

Thanks

Peter
Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRF34 View Post
PJ

Do you have a part # or x-reference you can provide for the solenoid?

Thanks

Peter
Part # 030817
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
Sounds like the relay, swap the 2 and you will see.

Pj
Then what if it doesn't shut off ?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Which Relay is Which?

Thanks for all of the information posted in this forum--it has saved me $500+ (the cost that was quoted to me for a new starter). (I just wish I had searched for the problem sooner, so I wouldn't have had to gone through the past season of aggravation.)

Now for the finale piece of the puzzle: which relay is which? I swapped them so I know one of them is bad, but neither is labeled. Can I just pull one of the relays and see if it starts?
Old 10-23-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRF34 View Post
Let me hop on board as well. Mini Z, 19 Kawasaki, starter assist kit upgrade 2 seasons ago. Starting was intermittent but nothing now. Same symptoms as the other posters- clicking solenoid.

I have interchanged existing relays (but have not bought new ones), cleaned and brushed all terminals and connections on solenoid, battery and ignition, installed new battery with 300/350 crank amps. I can jump the solenoid and it starts immediately. Suggestions?

Thanks

Peter
I just changed this relay on my 2008 mini Z for the 3rd time. This time it had the same symptoms just hours after I replaced the solenoid. Dealer said I'd need this starter assist kit if the relay didnt fix it. What exactly is this? how much is it gonna cost me ?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Assist kit didn't fix it either. This makes me so angry
Old 04-06-2014, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

And like deltatree asked, I've swapped them all around but which one is it actually ?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Sponsor

Have you installed the starter assist kit? this allows more juice to the starter. What is clicking the starter of the solenoid?

Brian O