Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2014, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayboy View Post
The major snowstorm kept them from getting out of Lebanon.

You can always chat with them on the phone.

Is 5 to 6 thousand the size of all your lawns? If so I would be looking at skid sprayers instead of ride on sprayers.
No, but I need my machine to do well on those size yds too, as I am never running a skid period.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-14-2014, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
No, but I need my machine to do well on those size yds too, as I am never running a skid period.
Get a zspray. Jr36 is what you need with iso tank.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello everyone! Its no secret I work at Turfco and I just wanted to say that everything you read on the internet is not always true and we are pleased to say once again our sales are up on T3000’s to the general public as well our largest customers.

Thanks for your time and have a great weekend!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHuffman View Post
Hello everyone! Its no secret I work at Turfco and I just wanted to say that everything you read on the internet is not always true and we are pleased to say once again our sales are up on T3000ís to the general public as well our largest customers.

Thanks for your time and have a great weekend!
Darn...I thought everything on the internet was true. I was misled.

Sooooo...sales are up??? Is that true???

I am so confused.

Terry
Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
To continue the hijacking....

I hate the pg, (have had 4) and run z sprays but as I look to expand I feel that I need a unit that is more conducive to being a "fleet" machine like some others on here have said.

Questions:
are you guys running the larger or smaller GL?
are you getting the spray bar or just the single nozzle option?

I found the single nozzle on the PG was severely lacking in coverage.

Thanks
I run the larger GL with the spray bar and spray wand. For me both are a must. I love the machine. I'm sure the upgrades make it even better.

The only downside to the larger machine, is that it is hard to turn if you put 200 lbs of whatever in it as well as 16 gallons of liquid. I don't have that many real big jobs, but I hate refilling if I don't have two. What I typically do is dump 100 lbs in the hopper and carry 2 bags with me and drop them on site. If I ever need a new one I will go with the smaller unit.

I posted a couple pics and a review a couple of months back.

I had a PG centri for 11 years. I did demo the Z, the PG triumph-a total POS and the turfex machines. The turfex wanted to pull to the right side and plus it had the 3 hole hopper-hated it

Just my 2 cents...
Old 04-04-2014, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

grass did you like that Centri? I liked it better than the Mag that I use now. To me, PG has been regressing ever since the Centri.

Do you feel the optional spray bar on the GL gives you superior coverage vs the single flood nozzle?
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is 5 to 6 thousand the size of all your lawns? If so I would be looking at skid sprayers instead of ride on sprayers.[/QUOTE]

Nice point. On 5-6 K lawns, we don't use stand-on spreader/sprayers. And it's just as easy & quick to pull out the hose & spray (actually a more accurate application imo), but most of the time it's beneficial to apply slow release "granular" products compared to liquid slow release (solar degradation/oxidation).

With most small lawns, we prefer using a push spreader & backpack sprayer. Smallest lawn we used a stand-on was 800 sq ft. But this was because we could spread & spray at the same time (weedy lawn).

I actually enjoy "spraying lawns'. Seems like a more detailed application & I can hit all edges/corners/etc all at once. But >>

Problem with spraying liquid products = most customers don't water it in:
liquid fert during hot summer (loss of product/possible turf dehydration)
spring liquid preemergent (breaks down quickly if not watered in)

thoughts?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Is 5 to 6 thousand the size of all your lawns? If so I would be looking at skid sprayers instead of ride on sprayers.
Nice point. On 5-6 K lawns, we don't use stand-on spreader/sprayers. And it's just as easy & quick to pull out the hose & spray (actually a more accurate application imo), but most of the time it's beneficial to apply slow release "granular" products compared to liquid slow release (solar degradation/oxidation).

With most small lawns, we prefer using a push spreader & backpack sprayer. Smallest lawn we used a stand-on was 800 sq ft. But this was because we could spread & spray at the same time (weedy lawn).

I actually enjoy "spraying lawns'. Seems like a more detailed application & I can hit all edges/corners/etc all at once. But >>

Problem with spraying liquid products = most customers don't water it in:
liquid fert during hot summer (loss of product/possible turf dehydration)
spring liquid preemergent (breaks down quickly if not watered in)

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Prodiamine does not break down very fast. It is much more stable than Diothypyr. These guys that won't use a tank sprayer don't know what they are missing. I can be on customers lawn at 6 in the morning. Quiet as a mouse and they won't know I was there until they see the stakes. I can lay down fert & weed control accurately and quicker than with my ride-on on those small lawns. The right tool for the job and I would rather drag a hose than push a spreader any day of the week but that may just be me.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.

Last edited by FdLLawnMan; 04-06-2014 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added more content
Old 04-06-2014, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Prodiamine does not break down very fast. It is much more stable than Diothypyr. These guys that won't use a tank sprayer don't know what they are missing. I can be on customers lawn at 6 in the morning. Quiet as a mouse and they won't know I was there until they see the stakes. I can lay down fert & weed control accurately and quicker than with my ride-on on those small lawns. The right tool for the job and I would rather drag a hose than push a spreader any day of the week but that may just be me.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Spraying is so much faster on small lawns and I believe the app is more evenly applied.

Terry
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayboy View Post
Prodiamine does not break down very fast. It is much more stable than Diothypyr. These guys that won't use a tank sprayer don't know what they are missing. I can be on customers lawn at 6 in the morning. Quiet as a mouse and they won't know I was there until they see the stakes. I can lay down fert & weed control accurately and quicker than with my ride-on on those small lawns. The right tool for the job and I would rather drag a hose than push a spreader any day of the week but that may just be me.
Couldn't agree more. Spraying is so much faster on small lawns and I believe the app is more evenly applied.[/QUOTE]

I second that with both of you on the accuracy. I have a prime example of its efficiency on smaller lawns from today...

One of my trucks was in the shop so I rode with one of my guys today. We're under the gun and can't afford the down time so He was running the Z and I was spraying wet areas and small sections of some lawns and whole lawns when they were around 8000 ft sq or so and under with the hose/gun. I dropped him off with the Z filled and he began to spray a 9500 ft sq lawn. I drove 2 doors down drug out my hose and began to spray an 8500ft sq lawn that is wet in the back after rains like we have had. I was done spraying and within 20 ft of the truck about to roll my hose up on the reel when he came riding up asking if I was done. I absolutely hate pushing a spreader(for one thing, I'm not as young as I used to be) but I don't think I'd mind spraying lawns with a hose(3/8") and gun all year long on lawns 10-12,000 ft sq and under. It also helps a fat old 48 yr old from becoming totally worthless.

Some of these guys are really missing out on a great tool

Last edited by ted putnam; 04-07-2014 at 10:03 PM.