Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyro97 View Post
Gravely Pro stance 52 with Kohler EFI has been ordered. Should be here in 3 weeks. Looking forward to it's arrival. Thanks for all the reviews which helped me decide which stander to buy!
Congrats!! Let is know what you think.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

going to look at a prostance tomorrow, really cant make up my mind between a 48 or 52.. i already have a 460, so this will be for my smaller properties.

did you find you would have benefitted with a 48 instead of the 52 very often?
Old 04-06-2014, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
going to look at a prostance tomorrow, really cant make up my mind between a 48 or 52.. i already have a 460, so this will be for my smaller properties.

I would honestly say 48 if it is for smaller properties. We have a couple gates our 48" lazer will just fit through. Then again the 52 probably has more trim side to get under stuff further. I guess only you can really make that decision because you know your lawns.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 04-07-2014, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post

You will love it!!! Tough call on 52 vs 48. Guess it really depends on your properties.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2014, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone here gone with the 48 and wished they had gotten the 52 instead?? still juggling this decision....

Spoke to my areas Gravely Rep today (nice guy!), as the 2 dealers near me didn't have ANY prostances. Will have to travel over an hour to go physically check one out/demo it in the lot this week. Really excited about this mower though, and enjoyed the reviews!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassIsGreenerLawnCare View Post
Has anyone here gone with the 48 and wished they had gotten the 52 instead?? still juggling this decision....

Spoke to my areas Gravely Rep today (nice guy!), as the 2 dealers near me didn't have ANY prostances. Will have to travel over an hour to go physically check one out/demo it in the lot this week. Really excited about this mower though, and enjoyed the reviews!
How far from Maryland are you? My dealer has a 52 demo unit with only 9 hours on it he is willing to sell at a pretty good price. He told me $6183 if I wanted it. I could grab it and bring it to my house and we can demo it on my 2 acre lawn.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-07-2014, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would go 48 if it's for smaller properties. I was debating between a 252 and a 148 and I ended up with the 148 and I'm really glad I did, it fits through a lot of gates that a 52 wouldn't.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2014, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
How far from Maryland are you? My dealer has a 52 demo unit with only 9 hours on it he is willing to sell at a pretty good price. He told me $6183 if I wanted it. I could grab it and bring it to my house and we can demo it on my 2 acre lawn.
Wow man, that's VERY nice of you to offer! Much appreciated. Im a hike away, although I normally wouldn't mind the drive for such a great deal. Unfortunately my truck has turned into the new taxicab temporarily, since my fiancés car crapped out on us last week, so on a tight schedule. (head gasket )
Good thing is Im going to check out the 52 (only 1 in stock) tomorrow a.m. if it ends up being okay with the dealer. He ended up only being 45 mins away. But I think I have made my decision to go with the 48, for reasons Dr. Cornwallis has stated.
Although the 52 would probly be fine on most of my properties....I think the 48 just seems more versatile in mid size residential settings. (what I use now) Thank you both for the replies, will let ya know how I make out
Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
The Pro-Stance is built like a tank! I have never seen a stander built as strong. All the other frames look like tooth pics compared to the Gravely. Let us know what you think when you demo.
GMLC, you are somewhat close to me, you ever heard of Norfolk Power Equip. In Wrentham Mass? It's the biggest place around Boston. I'm not sure if Freddie will demo a gravely 48 prostance? He sells 4 or 5 brands including scag and gravely. Thought you may know someone who demoed a a tender from Norfolk Power
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMac View Post
GMLC, you are somewhat close to me, you ever heard of Norfolk Power Equip. In Wrentham Mass? It's the biggest place around Boston. I'm not sure if Freddie will demo a gravely 48 prostance? He sells 4 or 5 brands including scag and gravely. Thought you may know someone who demoed a a tender from Norfolk Power
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds familiar but I have never been there. Ill have to check them out. I love both scag and gravely!!
Posted via Mobile Device