Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I think someone mentioned installing the Yoast plugin. That makes it easy to type in Title tags and Descriptions for pages. Then another thing to do is add keywords in image file names and Alt tags. Making sure keywords are in content and H1 tags is important too. Those are the basics of on-page optimization.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
I think we most all agree that he didn't get a good value for his money. I think we all pretty much agree the SEO on the site is between poor and non existent.
Why don't we talk about his original question. What can he do to improve the SEO on the site.
So as to avoid leaving this open to unnecessary calorie-burning, I don't believe I'm speaking out of turn by saying that the web "designer" has been located, communicated with, and is now continuing to work his...uhh...magic. I spent a pretty good chunk of my time helping figure this mess out, but it is now one of those "it is what it is" scenarios.

Editorialization:
The only person I would recommend hire webv5 to perform web design or SEO work would be my competitor. He's an embarrassment to the industry.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Also, never ever never ever never ever let your web guy own your domain name. If something goes South, you're especially stuck. If you're entertaining the possibility of having a web site created, go to Namecheap or GoDaddy and register your domain name yourself.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Also, never ever never ever never ever let your web guy own your domain name. If something goes South, you're especially stuck. If you're entertaining the possibility of having a web site created, go to Namecheap or GoDaddy and register your domain name yourself.
Sorry but that is so important I wanted to repeat it in larger text.

Please everyone listen to this. You MUST get your domain name yourself. Don't ever think about letting your web designer do it.