Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2014, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sending Backflow Results Online

I just heard today that the water co. that controls most of my area is requiring us to send backflow results online. We always faxed them before and there was no charge, now it will be 9.95 per test result. This looks like it may be time consuming also. I have received no notice of this change and have been testing and faxing results since 1990 to this water co. I guess I have no choice but to pass this extra expense on to hundreds of my customers with very short notice.

http://www.archonsafe.com/terms-and-conditions/
Old 04-08-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sending Backflow Results Online

Why is it going to cost anything? We attach to email and send it in. No cost no hassle.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

This water company is doing away with email/faxing backflow reports, they simply won't except them. It must be done electronically, and through this system only. Which like irritation said, is 9.95 EACH backflow report. While I personally like the concept of keeping it electronic and organized, 9.95 is a bit steep... Not only that, they announced it to backflow testers only about a month ago, which is after most irrigation contractors have sent out bills for activation/testing. Therefore, it is at our loss. It takes effect on April 21st. I'm doing everything I can to finish all of my customers reports within this water preveyor before that date.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't understand why I have never received info about this. I even updated my info with IDEM last year. A little communication would be nice.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post
I don't understand why I have never received info about this. I even updated my info with IDEM last year. A little communication would be nice.
I had a letter sent to me explaining things. And my supplier said something about it too. I was on the phone with archon today and they mentioned there might be some changes to pricing in the works. Apparently a letter was sent out to testers today, so we will see..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea, I had to hear at a supplier. Had my wife call the water co and took her an hour to finally get any info which was just a the web address to archon. She has a full time job and I'm in the field all day.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Charging almost $10 to send in a report .Thats the most Ridiculous thing . I have a feeling thats going to have to be changed.

We test around 4,500 assemblies a year and 95% of them we email in a pdf format to the WD's once a week. Only one WD requires fax. Thats $45k if that rule was implemented here..

This is one huge thing that irritates me is that we have all these rules and regulations but the WD gets to choose what they want to enforce or not to .. and Evidently make up their own rules?? That doesn't make much sense to me.. There should be a standardization for all municipals.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Never ceases to amaze me how companies charge more for digitizing something that will save them money in the long run.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Never ceases to amaze me how companies charge more for digitizing something that will save them money in the long run.
Our county department calls it a "convenience fee" when I pay online to renew my vehicle tags. But if I go into the overcrowded office and take a number and wait an hour and deal with an overpaid, incompetent, entitled government worker, I don't pay extra.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Our county department calls it a "convenience fee" when I pay online to renew my vehicle tags. But if I go into the overcrowded office and take a number and wait an hour and deal with an overpaid, incompetent, entitled government worker, I don't pay extra.
Sounds like what was called "school tax" when we were kids. Seniors would grab a freshman and shake him down for beer money.
Posted via Mobile Device