Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
it' simple… charge $17.50 per acre and spring cleans ups for free! you'll have tons of new business!
LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2014, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Use stihl. They stand behind there equipment and make very power stuff. Dont buy cheap because you will regret it when you have to replace it in 6 mouths.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
it' simple… charge $17.50 per acre and spring cleans ups for free! you'll have tons of new business!
HAHAHA. This is the best advice i have heard on here. Great to see people are finally sharing their secrets.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Did you'll hire lawyers to.do.the llc paperwork? I just went the Wisconsin's government website and filled it... I have an accountant and insurance, but.no lawyer
Old 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD40 View Post
I decided to pull the trigger and start my own company. I'm funding it, so I'm starting small, as needed equipment. Basics I have except back pack blower, hedge trimmer, extended hedge trimmer, and rear tine roto tiller. Oh yeah, and a truck. That's another story. Need blower and hedge trimmer. I've never bought new, nor used new. There's a limited number of equipment companies around, so the prices are high. One dealer is Stihl, Exmark, John Deere, Cub, and the other is Echo, Husq, Shindiawa, Toro. I've done a ton of homework, and one thing I've discovered is some used equipment is solid, others aren't worth the asking price. Also, my clientele and potential clientele feel appearance has a direct representation on themselves. So I'm leaning towards new, solid, yet reliable. Thanks for your time.

Jim
Visions Of Paradise
I got a very nice 6 X 14 trailer all set up with some goodies for sale as I pulled the pin and getting out completely. If any is interested email me at mowmygrass@yahoo.com or on here. I can email pix and info.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittaker's Lawn and Snow View Post
Did you'll hire lawyers to.do.the llc paperwork? I just went the Wisconsin's government website and filled it... I have an accountant and insurance, but.no lawyer
you don't need a lawyer to file an LLC… you can use an online wizard nearly as simple as installing microsoft office, to get an LLC.

In fact, I doubt the lawyer even does the work for you… he pushes stuff like that off onto a paralegal.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I think it must be different in other states the way guys talk about using lawyers accountants and all this other stuff to form one. In Wisconsin its easier to file yourself than it is to give someone else all the information.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2014, 04:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
Yeah I think it must be different in other states the way guys talk about using lawyers accountants and all this other stuff to form one. In Wisconsin its easier to file yourself than it is to give someone else all the information.
Posted via Mobile Device
LLC is a tax entity separating yourself from the business… nothing more, as such it isn't any more complicated to file as one from state to state.

I think it's more likely lawyers in certain areas market this idea that "you can't do this without me" stratagem in those areas, where lawyers in others areas are too bust to bother with monopolizing something as mundane as wandering down to the library to check out a library book.

Tags
blower , hedge , start up business , trimmer