Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
Im lookin at the 18hp bgoat at mccoys. I cant tie up the hitch though i only have one truck n need it for the trailer. Can you use the swing arm without the hitch?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not sure, don't know enough about that option. But qustion for you, do you have a open trailor, because lot's of guys have the loader mounted on the front of there open trailor and they just get a larger pipe to shoot the leaves into the truck, it works well especially if your working by your self or just want to keep it easy. I check to see I might have a fabricated metal mount made for a leaf loader for a open trailor I could give you. But I have to check because I might have scraped it. I check at the shop tomorrow for you.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

My trailer has sides but isnt enclosed. Its weird and i have the weed eaters mounted on the feont. I want to sqitch for a enclosed though too. Im gonna go to mccoys tomorrow n check the situation out. If you have that lemme know ill throw u some cash too. Thanks for your help man! I did a leaf cleanup on hicjory hill and just realized im done doing this without a loader
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
My trailer has sides but isnt enclosed. Its weird and i have the weed eaters mounted on the feont. I want to sqitch for a enclosed though too. Im gonna go to mccoys tomorrow n check the situation out. If you have that lemme know ill throw u some cash too. Thanks for your help man! I did a leaf cleanup on hicjory hill and just realized im done doing this without a loader
Posted via Mobile Device
Dreaded hickory hill, we got a few accounts up there, plenty of hills and trees!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

yes I got the house rate whenever you turn on the Hickory Hill it's the first house on the right
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimmed about 75 yards of 13 foot tall arborvitae's today and cut down a couple small trees Here's a couple befores pics.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's the finish pics, it was a work out. Glad I could give the pole trimmers to my helpers to save my sholder from wearing out. Also a small tree we cut down.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's another small tree job from today, cut down a maple tree and ground out the stump. The only thing I have to say about this job is, never again will I use such a small grinder on a larger stump like this. Took me literally over 2 hrs grinding at that stump. Maybe the teeth are just to worn out.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2014, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

the teeth had to be worn out on that grinder. I did 4 trees that were all alittle bigger then that last year in just over an hour. That grinder is the perfect size for that tree.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVL LLC View Post
the teeth had to be worn out on that grinder. I did 4 trees that were all alittle bigger then that last year in just over an hour. That grinder is the perfect size for that tree.
Thats good to know, I have to let the rental store know, I figured something wasn't right with that.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Ya alot of rental places do a terrible job maintaining things, which really sucks for us because it made a 25-30 min job for you turn into 2 hours. rented a plugr aerator last year and I used it for an hour albeit didnt run that well then it just died. I figured it had to either do with the oil or spark plug. Didnt want to work on there stuff so I brought it back and sure enough spark plug was fouled and the oil was low/blacker then black. So the guy drained all the oil out added new and changed the plug. I figured for paying 70.00 dollars for a half day rental that they would make sure the machines maintained.