Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyro97 View Post
What blades are best to run with the Gravely Pro Stance XFll deck? I have one input for Scag blades for wet conditions. Thanks!!
It's actually not an xfactor deck - it's the old Great Dane deck. You can run exmark, bobcat etc. Notched foil highlifts are what you want for rain and scag marbane don't bend as easily as some other brands or aftermarkets.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Thought I would update with my experience, my machine is in for warranty work (leaky air-seat) but I couldn't be happier with how gravely, or my dealer handled it. Mary lyn from gravely (their media service rep) contacted me after my post on here and took my name and info. She gave me a case number (which saved me and my dealer paper work) and she sent me a free hat. Obviously I am not happy the new mower is in for work already, but I understand that it is impossible to get everything right all the time, and I am ecstatic with how the process went. I will update with a review once I get it back and hopefully the grass grows sometime!!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda55 View Post
Thought I would update with my experience, my machine is in for warranty work (leaky air-seat) but I couldn't be happier with how gravely, or my dealer handled it. Mary lyn from gravely (their media service rep) contacted me after my post on here and took my name and info. She gave me a case number (which saved me and my dealer paper work) and she sent me a free hat. Obviously I am not happy the new mower is in for work already, but I understand that it is impossible to get everything right all the time, and I am ecstatic with how the process went. I will update with a review once I get it back and hopefully the grass grows sometime!!
I think it's wonderful you've had such a good experience with Gravely's customer service, this is an area lacking in many businesses inside the US.

I've never understood how a company cannot realize the number of sales that can be lost due to word getting out about their poor customer service.

Taking care of one person properly, even if it cost a company money at that particular time, can be made up 100 times over from sales coming due to word of mouth, positive advertisement, of which is the best sales tool a company can ever hope to cultivate. This is simple business sense 101, which is easily taught if able to find people willing to accept the added knowledge.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I think it's wonderful you've had such a good experience with Gravely's customer service, this is an area lacking in many businesses inside the US.

I've never understood how a company cannot realize the number of sales that can be lost due to word getting out about their poor customer service.

Taking care of one person properly, even if it cost a company money at that particular time, can be made up 100 times over from sales coming due to word of mouth, positive advertisement, of which is the best sales tool a company can ever hope to cultivate. This is simple business sense 101, which is easily taught if able to find people willing to accept the added knowledge.

That is exactly why I chose gravely. I saw the examples of customer service (flying GlMC down to Florida to test a machine!) and constant posts trying to make customers machines better and fixed that it blew me away. No other brand even compares with customer service. I will update with my experiences once the machine is fixed and I actually use it to mow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2014, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Thought I would update you on the seat, it ended up holding air at the dealer. The wierdest thing. Anyway they got the kit from you gravely to correct a known issue but they did not have a chance to fix it. I have mowing season here now so I cannot afford to not have the machine so I took it back and will take it back in over the summer.

I got a chance to cut my own yard. (Not good turf, just a mixture of weeds) but WOW! The cut was unimaginable. It was more level than a carpet. I never could have thought it would be this good. I am going out to mow after work this afternoon so we will see how she does on quality turf. It is supposed to rain also. (Hopefully I don't get caught but we will see how it does.)
Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda55 View Post
Thought I would update you on the seat, it ended up holding air at the dealer. The wierdest thing. Anyway they got the kit from you gravely to correct a known issue but they did not have a chance to fix it. I have mowing season here now so I cannot afford to not have the machine so I took it back and will take it back in over the summer.

I got a chance to cut my own yard. (Not good turf, just a mixture of weeds) but WOW! The cut was unimaginable. It was more level than a carpet. I never could have thought it would be this good. I am going out to mow after work this afternoon so we will see how she does on quality turf. It is supposed to rain also. (Hopefully I don't get caught but we will see how it does.)
You will be well satisfied, guaranteed...Let us know what you think?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I like the looks of this mower, and I'm really partial to the 72" deck. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new 472 week after next.

Can someone please explain the differences between this 272 and the 472; other than the air ride seat?

I was running my 72" Super Z HD late yesterday and I had about 2 acres of wide open mowing left, it was 8:45 and beginning to get dark. I thought to myself, I'm going at this full speed and if it gets to dark to follow myself I will finish what is left tomorrow.

I cut the entire 2 acres (only 3 trees to trim around) and was finished at 9:03. I thought to myself, had I not been on this large fast mower there is no way I would have come close to finishing. Had a person with no knowledge of how fast a Super Z can cut grass been watching, they would have said to themselves, "there is no way possible a mower can move that fast and not leave uncut grass."

If you've never owned a 72" deck you are about to be blown away by the amount of grass you can cut in a 1 hr time frame.

I was somewhat aware of the fact I could cut a great deal of grass per hr due to running a 66" Super Z for the last 7 yrs, but when you add more speed and the extra 1/2' of deck my mind is blown even moreso; when looking back at the amount of grass I've covered in the past 15 minutes, much less an hour.
Man you need some faststraps ol boy!!! That system is jenky at best EEEEK.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Lol 20,000 lb ratchet straps on the mini ex's trailer just to grab it from the dealer on short notice from a nearby job site. Could have been upside down and wouldn't have gone anywhere.