The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, he sent me a pic and of the serial number, it's a 93
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok so a 93 is 21 years old. Not 15 I wouldn't try to talk him down over the phone id just say ok when can we meet? Then go there with as much miney as your willing.to pay. And offer him an offer of 7 or 8, see where he comes back.at you at. You need to.tear that mower apart, metaphorically speaking, point out as many bad things as you can to.bring that price down. When I go to buy a mower Im good with them mechanically so I can hear when theres a slight sound and point.it out. They dont know that its really not that big of a deal, but I can play it.up to be.

For example. I went looked at a trailer last weekend cause ive needed one. Its a 7 1/2´ x 12' he was asking $800, I drove with my dad the 2 hours to.go take a look. I had $600. Well I only had $300, I gave my.dad the.other.$300 that way I could "borrow money" from him.if needed.
When I got there, it.needed some work. Deck.boards, fenders, light bulbs. So I started at $250 he wasnt.budging from $500, when I pulled out 3 and said thats all I had he came.to.4. Had to."borrow" 100 from my.dad but I got it.for 4. My.point is. Go in not.willing to.pay anymore than a certain amount. And be willing to walk away if.he.wont.budge
Old 04-07-2014, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Alright so, thank you'll for all of your advice!! I might go with the bobcat still (he actually replied to me and said he understands my concerns about that it's old but he could do $700 if I could throw in music equipment) I replied back and have not heard back yet we will see though, also I did find somthing that popped up on CL here is a link,
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/grd/4410208767.html

I talked to him and he said I could get it for $1000 what do you'll think? Ps I'll ask how old it is, but it looks pretty good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 36" version of that I bought at a school board auction. Thousands of hours and it still starts second pull. It will never die. Parts are dirt cheap. However that is way too much. I paid 500 ten years ago. Encore is technically out of business, but everything on it is a unversal part as far as spindles,pulleys,tranny parts and engine parts. 800 tops. You need to find something soon. Prices skyrocket when spring comes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2014, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I have a 36" version of that I bought at a school board auction. Thousands of hours and it still starts second pull. It will never die. Parts are dirt cheap. However that is way too much. I paid 500 ten years ago. Encore is technically out of business, but everything on it is a unversal part as far as spindles,pulleys,tranny parts and engine parts. 800 tops. You need to find something soon. Prices skyrocket when spring comes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok, for here it's spring. Mowing is happening and such. At first I offers the guy $900 he replied and said if I brought him $1000 it's mine, I just replied back and said that iv got a few things on my side to work out, but that we would probably work somthing out! He said, that's fine. What do you'll think?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bump
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2014, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You tell us. Did you find another hundy and get the Encore before its gone? You have to be ready to move when these opps come around. You can't be constantly working things out on your end. The first guy with cash gets the item.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You tell us. Did you find another hundy and get the Encore before its gone? You have to be ready to move when these opps come around. You can't be constantly working things out on your end. The first guy with cash gets the item.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, and thanks again! I'll post a link in a sec. But this came up and looks like a steal! I've got to get moving now!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2014, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://gadsden.craigslist.org/grd/4411094973.html

Iv talked to the guy, it's 1995 always starts second pull (he said even when he bout it new it took two pulls one to prime it a and second to get it started) and all runs well.
Iv got to jump on this but what do you think? I'll probably go and offer $400 see where that goes. (I know I won't get it for that low) then hopefully with some negotiating I could get it for. $500 maybe $600
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Two more weeks down the drain. Mowers ain't getting any cheaper. You better strike while the irons hot or you'll be huffing it behind a 21 or a Forest Gump style rider.

Where's Armsden for some reality based advice.
Posted via Mobile Device