Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer rack update

Well, after one season with the Trinity Iron Images (Lubbock, TX) 3 place trimmer rack and their XL blower rack, I am very impressed. The accessibility and functionality of these pieces is very good. I really like the trimmer rack design. The grooves that the trimmers fit into is a very good design and easy to use. The locking system is functional and secure. It uses one lock, so it needs to be re-locked after you take a trimmer out and then unlocked again before you put it back. The blower rack is functional with a large locking arm that will fit over basically any backpack blower. The ONLY thing I wish was different on this unit is that it has some kind of support base or something to take some of the weight off of the handle on the frame of the backpack. It's one thing for it to hang on there, but when you factor in hitting bumps and bouncing around, that's alot of stress on the handle. I run a bungee cord underneath the blower to take some of the weight off.
Anyway, overall very nice units for the price. It was $137 for the 3 position long-scale trimmer rack and the XL backpack blower to be shipped to my door. Jason, I believe his name was, from TII was very helpful and the pieces were here within 2 days of me ordering them. When I get another trailer, I will be ordering some more racks from TII.
18x8 flat bed w/custom removable gates and racks
2006 Great Dane Surfer 19/52
2002 eXmark Viking 36 hydro
2008 Hustler FasTrak Mini 17/36
eXmark Metro 26
2011 Honda HRC216HXA
Shindaiwa T242
Echo SRM-230
RedMax BCZ2450T
Shindaiwa Multi-tool
Shindaiwa EB802RT
Echo PB-755ST
Echo PB-210LE
Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer
Echo CS-400
Ryan LA28 Aerator FOR SALE

AMSoil Dealer
Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
Well, after one season with the Trinity Iron Images (Lubbock, TX) 3 place trimmer rack and their XL blower rack, I am very impressed. The accessibility and functionality of these pieces is very good. I really like the trimmer rack design. The grooves that the trimmers fit into is a very good design and easy to use. The locking system is functional and secure. It uses one lock, so it needs to be re-locked after you take a trimmer out and then unlocked again before you put it back. The blower rack is functional with a large locking arm that will fit over basically any backpack blower. The ONLY thing I wish was different on this unit is that it has some kind of support base or something to take some of the weight off of the handle on the frame of the backpack. It's one thing for it to hang on there, but when you factor in hitting bumps and bouncing around, that's alot of stress on the handle. I run a bungee cord underneath the blower to take some of the weight off.
Anyway, overall very nice units for the price. It was $137 for the 3 position long-scale trimmer rack and the XL backpack blower to be shipped to my door. Jason, I believe his name was, from TII was very helpful and the pieces were here within 2 days of me ordering them. When I get another trailer, I will be ordering some more racks from TII.
Those still holding up for you? I just saw an ad for them on Craigslist, so I headed over to their site. They seem very nice and well made at a reasonable price.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, just saw that you had posted.
Yes, I am very happy with it and it is holding up well. It's outside every single day. Nothing new to report after over 2 years on my trailer.
My only advice would be to get a small-shank or the round cut-proof locks for the rack. I have a long-shank lock on it now, and I think that if you really wanted to, you could open the locking mechanism enough to force one of the trimmers out. It would still be tough, but I think it could be done.
18x8 flat bed w/custom removable gates and racks
2006 Great Dane Surfer 19/52
2002 eXmark Viking 36 hydro
2008 Hustler FasTrak Mini 17/36
eXmark Metro 26
2011 Honda HRC216HXA
Shindaiwa T242
Echo SRM-230
RedMax BCZ2450T
Shindaiwa Multi-tool
Shindaiwa EB802RT
Echo PB-755ST
Echo PB-210LE
Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer
Echo CS-400
Ryan LA28 Aerator FOR SALE

AMSoil Dealer
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cool thanks! Think I'm going to put an order in for them.