Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2003, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Didn't happen to me, but a buddy I was with was towing an air compressor behind a dump truck. He forgot to latch the pintle hitch. Compressor came off, snapped both safety chains, compressor crossed two lanes of traffic without hitting a car, and slammed into the front of a baitshop. Glass and bricks everywhere, but no customers injured, thank God.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 10-06-2003, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

First day on the job, Oct. 5, 1988...on a sit down sulky, behind a Gravely 36", went through a side gate into a sideyard, with 6' clearance between pool screen on the left, and fence on the right. A beautiful bougainvillea covered the fence, and proceeded to grab my right arm. I let go of the right handle, held on to the left, and before I knew it, was through the screen and desperately trying to keep the mower out of the pool! To no avail...took five of us to get it out. I got a different job...
Old 10-06-2003, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was on a roof of an apartment complex trimming palm trees when the bottom of my shoe came apart I fell 15 ft into some shrubs left a perfent circle were my head hit ended up breaking a wrist was at work the next day using a wb with 1 hand. That guy sold his biz to another guy and I was a passenger in the truck when the driver pulled right out in front of a car going about 60. My door was tied shut with rope from an earlier incident were the girl driving backed up by a tree with the door open, I was thrown out of the truck and was laying on the ground watching the trailer slide toward me I somehow jumped out of the way, I went to a doctor later that day and gave the owner a bill for 150 dollars he said he wouldnt pay it so I sued him thats how I got started
Old 10-10-2003, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Accident

I was spraying weeds. Wellcustomer calledto say the weeds were growing like crazy. I checked my weed killer. You guessed it water in my GASOLINE. Kids stole my gas and filled it with water. My mower didn't run too good. either.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Why would water in your gasoline have anything at all to do with the results you achieved by spraying weeds?

Don't tell me you intended to spray the weeds with gasoline? Because that's almost what it sounds like.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper
Old 10-10-2003, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

accidents

Sorry for confusing you with my writing style. Thats what I meant. Been using it for years. I carry it in my rusty pick up. Great stuff. Watch the smoking when applying.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Member

accidents

Old 10-12-2003, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

When i first started my business i was cutting right on a main road when the new anchor of a local tv station was passing by and a rock flew out and shattered her windshield .she told me that if i did not handle it she was going to talk about me on the news. i made a quick call to a glass company and had her windsheild fixed in 4 hours . needless to say she mentioned me on the news as a great lawn company and i have cut her grass at the station and her home ever since.