Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunterjb View Post
Wow im not that stupid. Thats alot of work and labor for 1000$ dollars hahha. Some people work for nothing thats just sad.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think they got it done in a day. Don't know how many guys were out there though. Only way i could see it is if they sold the timber. I did a good job though. Said they took 7 heaping trucks of chips out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2014, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

just did this job today took me 3.5-4 hours to complete alone. It was a big elm that blew over All the brush i was able to throw across the street and all the wood i was able to get in one load with my truck and trailer. What do you guys think would be a fair price for this. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2014, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I was thinking 150-200? Or am i being to cheap?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2014, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

think im going to give the guy a price tommrow for all them tall willows does 750 sound decent?
Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You jumped from $150-$200. on 4/10 to $750. on 4/12? If you don't have enough experience to bid it, then I wouldn't tackle it, that's my 2c. I do lawn services not tree trimming, but I tackled a few tree trimming jobs this year, big and small for extra cash. I can tell you, no-one hear can tell you what to bid. Everyone is different. There are guys here who have companies that won't operate without netting $1,000.00 a day, others can operate on $50.00 a day. The best thing you can do is figure out how long it's going to take you (say a day), know how much you need to make out of a full days work in case it takes you the whole day, raise the price 10% on top of that, and charge that. If you need to make $500.00 a day, charge him $600.00. I don't have heavy experience in tree trimming, but something like that I would tell him $650.00 for the trimming and taking out every other tree. $1K if I have to dispose of it, which you said you didn't have to do. As far as help, etc. I would tackle all of them tree's by myself in one days work time and get it done quick and easily, even not having much experience. As I said I don't have a lot of experience in tree's, but I did do a property last month with limbs over the roof. That was much more risky and I charged for the risk. Something like that, out in the open I would tackle it without hesitating. However, if he didn't want to pay at least $500.00 I'd rather be behind the mower.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

1000 cash is the very least I would bid. My thoughts is, he knows your inexperienced and wants cheap labor.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcl4slc View Post
1000 cash is the very least I would bid. My thoughts is, he knows your inexperienced and wants cheap labor.
x2. I think the same.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcl4slc View Post
I was saying 150 200$ for the other elm tree job that took me. No way anyone would pay 750 for that little 3 hr job. I was thinking about 750 for the tall willows. Whatever i just wanted to get a ideas what ppl would charge for all them willows. Seeing i dont cut trees full time. I do commercial asphalt. Some of you guys act like cutting these trees down is crazy hard and im unexpericend. Lol ive been cutting trees for many many years. I think if had my time in the woods and what not. And no hes not trying to get away with cheap labor he owns his own private jet and 2 houses in california i do all of his side work and snow removal. Just wanted some imput but nvm i got it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have them mark what tree and this price. Trees vary so $75 for little tree $200.00 for large, or something like that.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunterjb View Post
I was saying 150 200$ for the other elm tree job that took me. No way anyone would pay 750 for that little 3 hr job. I was thinking about 750 for the tall willows. Whatever i just wanted to get a ideas what ppl would charge for all them willows. Seeing i dont cut trees full time. I do commercial asphalt. Some of you guys act like cutting these trees down is crazy hard and im unexpericend. Lol ive been cutting trees for many many years. I think if had my time in the woods and what not. And no hes not trying to get away with cheap labor he owns his own private jet and 2 houses in california i do all of his side work and snow removal. Just wanted some imput but nvm i got it
Posted via Mobile Device
if it was 3.5-4 hrs cutting it up charge an extra hr for unloading time. I would charge 5hrs x $60 for $300 total. even though you can sell the wood its still a pain to handle and deal with.