Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2014, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Scag Vride vrs Wright Standers????

I am going to be purchasing either a scag v-ride or one of the wright standers. I was curious if anyone has demo'd the two and what their preference was in the end and why.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow, no one has debated between the two?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I prefer the Wright stander. Ive ran a 52 for years at different companies. We just bought a new one last year the Rapid Height.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I drove the V-ride 36" and the Stander RH 36" at my dealer and the differences that helped me make my decision were; the V-ride has a shorter rear wheel base with skinnier rear tires which makes it feel unstable, especially on hill sides. The standing platform on the Scag sticks way out the rear of the already longer design of the v ride versus the compact wright which has the standing platform in-between the wheel base. The overall length of the Vride when they were side by side was pretty noticeable and would take up a lot more room on a trailer and not as tight of turns when operating.
I ultimately went with the Wright as they invented that stand on mower and improved their design through the years, so far I have been pleased with the decision and am looking to upgrade to either the X or Intensity models for my next wright.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been operating the V Ride recently and while I swear by Wright and I think Wright is the best....

The V Ride is really impressing me....

The ride is super super comfortable and the hydros are really responsive and strong....

The one I have been operating is a 36 incher....
Old 05-28-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 52" Stander X. Still working on getting the deck dialed in but the ride, maneuverability around objects and the hills stability is amazing. Tight spots even on hills is great. Very impressed so far and I only logged about 8 hours. Also takes up less room on the trailer and in the shed than my 48" WB did

-matt
Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

i own a new scag vride 61" and love the ride and is great on hills been places i should have not been but it done great... never mowed with a wright just no dealer close to me but compared to exmark hands down scag. i like all the rollers for the big deck. very couishing platform. and easy to throw your wieght to one side for better grip if needed instead of being between the wheels. ive got 100+ hrs on it by now.. i mow two lots thats 3+ acres dont hurt my back at all and you can move around allitle with the big platform. only down fault i have is the controls could use less effort to move..
Old 05-30-2014, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Vride platform is more comfy

wright is a better mower, for standers

why doesn't my v ride foam cushion thingy adjust like they do in the dang video?? its fixed!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

my vote goes to wright, while their deck could be better, the rest of the mower is exactly what you want in a stander. stand right between the wheels, easy controls, very compact. I have taken my 52'' X on some seriously steep hills and have never had the front end come up or slid down one sideways
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are good. Pros and cons to both. Demo both for at least 10 hours a piece and let us know what you decided.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
scag , stand on , vride , wright