Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2014, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah you may need mobile share plan. We have mobile value share. 10gb data a month. I pay 250 with 3 phones on next plan.

Go to settings and personal hotspot should be on top. Then it gives you a password for wifi for iPad.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
What would I do about tracking expenses?
Posted via Mobile Device
You'll do yourself a big favor by pushing everything into QuickBooks...let the scheduling program do what it does best...QuickBooks will allow you to download expenses from credit cards ,gas cards...bank account data...tracking assets, depreciation, worker payroll deductions...plus if you have an accountant do your taxes, they can likly reconcile your books...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
Gopher has really horrible transfers between quickbooks. I've been thinking about this all night. Do you think I should just get a laptop for the truck and create an invoice at every stop and then send a statement at the end of the month? That would eliminate all this transferring and room for error. Think about it. I work out of the truck all day. When the phone rings, I feel out a form that has to be brought home with me and entered into quickbooks, you know how tired you are after work and rarely do I put that stuff in each night...it gets put off. It's to much double entry. If a new customer called while in the truck, I could enter name, address etc right there while on the phone. Hell I could even schedule a time and day to give them an estimate since I would have my schedule on front of me. I think it might solve my problem. But it would create another problem because that laptop would be destroyed from all the dust, dirt, etc and possibly stolen
Posted via Mobile Device
Wiffy has a good smartphone suggestion, I like my Casio commando...dustproof ed, waterproof...no real need for a laptop...just get a good smartphone...all the recommended programs here can be run with smartphone...I know clip2go has an app. Our crews use them to enter data out in the field...if you don't have an internet connection, they have a free module for that as well...you'll need to try a few of them over a month or so...
Posted via Mobile Device