Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-12-2014, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Looking to purchase kubota bx or b vs new holland bommer 25

I need advice Im looking to purchase a new sub compact tractor or compact tractor.
I will use it for finish cut mowing (belly mower), SNOW REMOVAL side walks (so need something small), VACANT LOT CUTTING (BRUSH MOWER) and loader for what ever. Looking for something that can do multiple things instead of just buying a zero turn

Right now im looking at Kubota bx 2670 vs b3000 or a New Holland bommer 25

I need a little insight as to any reviews and which will work out better for city use. thanks for help
Old 04-12-2014, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kubota for sure! The bx is a very small framed machine, limited ground clearance and 3 point lift height! I purchased a B2320 4 months ago, very happy with this rig. I can now do the small jobs that my L3540 is too big for!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

That's what Im looking for the ability to do small jobs....I was think NH bommer 25 because its abit small than Kubta b in width and they have 0 % for 72 months.

thanks for response
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kubota has been around for over 100 years, their dealer network nation wide is second only to jd in the compact tractor game! Here in the northeast many dealers are dumping new holland. Everyone wants a kubota or a jd.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
...Here in the northeast many dealers are dumping new holland. Everyone wants a kubota or a jd.
Ah yes, the power of modern marketing. I have to give a nod to both JD and 'bota in that respect, but advertising strategy does not mean the products are inherently superior. Are they very capable and well supported? Sure, but not necessarily better.

To USEPLS:
It's been a number of years since I made any in-depth comparison of CUTS, and the players in that market have changed, but if you have an Massey Ferguson dealer around, I think their machines deserve consideration. I had pretty much decided on an MF for at that time, it was the clear winner in a spec-to-spec comparison, but personal situation changed resulting in no purchase at all.

Since NH CUTs are rebadged, another option might be to go directly to LS. Again, local dealer availability may be a consideration.

If you are set on getting either of the machines you mentioned, go with the dealer the "fits" you best. If limited to NH and Kubota, I'd go NH for my local dealer alone. I've dealt with them in the past (they are also DC dealer) and found them to be among the best in customer service and price. Around here, there two independent Kubota dealers covering 3 counties, but my experiences with them were extremely less than pleasant. Both had an attitude that if you didn't buy a 'bota, you were a total idiot. One even told me to come back when I was serious about buying.

Good luck...

Last edited by dbear; 04-15-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You really can't go wrong with a Kubota. For what you're wanting to do that sounds like an ideal machine. Dealer support is generally excellent. Deere also makes a good machine. However, it may be a bit on the expensive side.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 04-15-2014, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I admit im a big advocate for kubota, i have thousands of commerercial use hours on 4 kubota tractors over the past 14 years. Never once had a machine breakdown on a job site!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've been around Kubotas for 20 years off and on. Good little tractors, good diesel engines, simply an all around good machine.

I am partial to Deere. But there is more than one legitimate dog in the fight.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd vote for the NH. Bought a midsize mower in 1996. It still runs great. Looked at kubota, same dealer carries both. Picked the NH because it weighed about 800 lbs more than the comparable kubota.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Im in chicago kubuta ,nh and jd are all easily accessible.i even look at a mahindra any thoughts on that? Im not familar with ls but i will check on it. The local dealers are getting me quotes now on jd, kubota and nh so price will be a factor .

I really want the smallest size tractor that can do the most work i would like to be able to pull a 60" brush mower as well as get on side walks in the winter. THE NH DOES WAY A COUPLE OF HUNDRES PUNDS MORE BUT IM CONCERNED ABOUTLIFT CAPACITY ON THESE AT 3-POINT HITCH

Tags
kubota bx , nh bommer , tractor