Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sure as can be. http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2009-0191-0026 This says smoke em if you got em.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 04-15-2014, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Doc, old label is good till gone. Wish they would convene and figure out its not such a problem if we use it
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the ground water data is flawed. My understanding is that in some areas of the country, arsenic is naturally present in the water. Also, if it were such a problem, a lot of people would be dead by now. Especially in Hawaii, where crabgrass and goosegrass grow 12 months out of the year.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Some of the ground water data is flawed. My understanding is that in some areas of the country, arsenic is naturally present in the water. Also, if it were such a problem, a lot of people would be dead by now. Especially in Hawaii, where crabgrass and goosegrass grow 12 months out of the year.
The EPA's reasoning is flawed also...No sale or use except to cotton farmers, sod farms an golf courses

Every one of them in close proximity to water sources. A clear case of money talks, BS walks.

I've got no problem with them taking it off the shelves at Wal-Mart and Lowes or HD. Common folk aren't responsible enough for chems sold at big box stores IMO. I agree with that so make it an RUP
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
Green Doc, I wish that was an option. I have a hard enough time getting the woman to pay me the money I need to cut her tall DG and putting wear and tear on my equipment. I'll be lucky if I can sell her some apps to take care of it!
It ain't going to hurt you mower and if this is the first time you run into it in Texas you are lucky. Using RU or MSMA will leave an ugly sceen. Get 10 guys and dig it out if they are picky. Sounds like they don't care.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
It ain't going to hurt you mower and if this is the first time you run into it in Texas you are lucky. Using RU or MSMA will leave an ugly sceen. Get 10 guys and dig it out if they are picky. Sounds like they don't care.

ed2hess, not the first time I ran into it in our area. In fact, I'm fighting it in my personal lawn as we speak. However, the lawn I'm speaking of is not a lawn, but rather a "Dallis Grass" field, literally. As for not hurting the mower, I have to disagree. The stuff grows faster than Rye grass on 10 lbs. of nitrogen. I don't know if you read my post, but I smoked a belt on my commercial in this tall stuff not long ago. I can only imagine how much strain it puts on the transmission. It may take years to break it down, but it's strain that the mower doesn't have to endure. I came up with a new solution for it, either the lawn gets treated or I don't mow it. It's that simple. I got enough work. Kind of like Green Doc said, about not mowing weeds. I have enough work to where I don't need to mow it, nor do I have too. I already gave her the option, it get's treated or I can't mow it.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds to me like she needs a new lawn person and you need a customer that wants the best possible lawn care. When someone starts negotiating or asking how much if this is not done, etc, they need someone else. Your name puts an image in my head of someone who maintains nice lawns. People walking by notice. In my area, it is understood that I do not cost the same as the operations where 3-5 guys jump out and have weed whackers blazing to hack down a brush patch. I have to ask myself "do I want people to see me step out of my truck and walk into this". I can do it if people see me rolling my mower onto fairway quality bermuda or zoysia. I can do it if it turns from brush patch to lawn in 60 days.