Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
I don't know about that. I'm on the first page and it's because I have the most positive reviews.
dude its a fact I advertised there for years. If your on the first page for free that's because there is not enough advertisers to fill a page up yet in your area. they will try to sell you soon takes a little while
Old 04-13-2014, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I drove by today since I was in the area. Just wanted to see the property in person. I saw a woman out in the yard with a leaf rake. Looked younger than I had imagined. Then I saw the 15' steep slope with a fence RIGHT at the bottom that ran along the side of the house. What a nightmare to cut a slope with a fence at the bottom. Oh, and the lawn looked like it needed cut. I'm sure she would say it doesn't, but give it another week and it will be a mess to cut.
Glad I missed out on this one even more now.

You'd be surprised how many will give you high praise in person, yet neglect to ever give a review even after having found you on Angie's List and seeing all of your other good reviews.

It's human nature to put more effort into complaining than giving a compliment. You can't expect that they will give you a good review on their own - some need a gentle reminder.

I'd never give my clients info to AL though. I'd feel like crap for having them get a sales pitch to join AL.
100% true !

another weird thing that would happen ppl would call for work and thru conversation I knew they got my info from AL but would never admit it. strange
Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyledon View Post
dude its a fact I advertised there for years. If your on the first page for free that's because there is not enough advertisers to fill a page up yet in your area. they will try to sell you soon takes a little while
No they're all over me. I considered taking out a restraining order. They won't take no for an answer.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
No they're all over me. I considered taking out a restraining order. They won't take no for an answer.
I see the area code and let it go to voicemail. Returning the call is just a waste of my time.

No joke, I'm on my sixth rep in two years. I like to pretend they each got fired for not landing that big "Oaknut" account.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I see the area code and let it go to voicemail. Returning the call is just a waste of my time.

No joke, I'm on my sixth rep in two years. I like to pretend they each got fired for not landing that big "Oaknut" account.

I do the same thing. And I'm also on my 5th or 6th rep. They change twice a year it seems. One girl "who is no longer with us" they say (LOL), would call me and say there was an 'issue' or problem with my account as a front, ONLY to bait me into a sales conversation. I recorded her voicemail once and sent it to their customer service with a scathing note attached.

Hope I didn't get her fired! oops

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 04-16-2014, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
I do the same thing. And I'm also on my 5th or 6th rep. They change twice a year it seems. One girl "who is no longer with us" they say (LOL), would call me and say there was an 'issue' or problem with my account as a front, ONLY to bait me into a sales conversation. I recorded her voicemail once and sent it to their customer service with a scathing note attached.

Hope I didn't get her fired! oops
Heh, my second, or third guy would leave a message - "Mr OakNut, this is Jimmy Salesman here at Angie's List and I need to discuss your account - it is imperative that you give me a call before end of business today."

You'd think someone's life was on the line. All he wanted was to try and talk me into buying advertising - that was it.

Oh, and they KNOW when you've looked at your info online.
I was contacted several times after simply logging on to look around and maybe see if a new review had been posted. One of the reps even called and stated "I noticed you were browsing your profile yesterday and wanted to see if you had any questions." They probably track every movement you make as you browse your info. That really ticked me off a lot.