Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you should be looking ahead at what you are mowing not at the house window.

then again if it's a hot chick naked dancing in a window well you know.....it's gonna be hard not to look.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I believe they call that a "peeping Tom", and its creepy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

or they call it a peep show because the woman is a stripper?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
I have one that peeks through her blinds, when I get close, it closes. lol Its a big lawn, she just started doing this in the last year. Her mind is starting to go as well. I pretend I don't see her, I think it would frighten her if I waved. I've been mowing her lawn 18+ years. Hate seeing many of my customers health failing them.
I have the exact same type of customer. This lady I mow for must be 90 years old and has a nurser/helper. The nurse/helper lady told me my client's all but lost her mind. When I mow and the nurse/helper isn't there I can see the old lady standing off to the side of her rear door just staring at me. She'll peak through the blinds as I mow around the house. I tried waving a couple times but it scares her. It's actually kind of sad. But it freaks me out. I know it shouldnt... but it totally does. I hate mowing that lawn.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

I have one old lady that can barely get around and she actually leaves the door unlocked and insists that I let myself in after each cut. She also insists on paying me cash after each cut, even though Ive told her numerous times that all my other customers just get invoiced at the end of the month. I have gotten to know her really well over the years though so now I dont even think anything of it, I just go in, have a brief conversation and say see you next week. But other than this one exception, I dont think its a good idea to let a person know you peeked in their window.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't have time to skylark.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharperimagelawns View Post
I have one old lady that can barely get around and she actually leaves the door unlocked and insists that I let myself in after each cut. She also insists on paying me cash after each cut, even though Ive told her numerous times that all my other customers just get invoiced at the end of the month. I have gotten to know her really well over the years though so now I dont even think anything of it, I just go in, have a brief conversation and say see you next week. But other than this one exception, I dont think its a good idea to let a person know you peeked in their window.
If you had said she was a cutie I'd have thought this was the beginning of every mowing man's fantasy.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Sure I wave & they wave back or many of them wave first then I wave back. We wrk for some great folks. Well most of them, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
There was a thread about how to get a customer to shut-up a week ago. Kinda goes with this.

Yes you wave, are you a weirdo? Yes you say HI to them, and if they wanna talk you simply excuse yourself and go back to work. I didn't realize how beautiful a place Iowa is or how decent Iowans are in general until I read these two threads. I am NOT putting anyone down. This is my opinion and basing it off of the two threads together I would say I am right.

I know a lot of you folks will do the finger wave to other Harley or Jeep drivers. "Jeep Waver!" That's me! You don't know them and you looked at them and waved. Or how about country folk passing a neighbor in the truck on the gravel road and giving a wave. I do that 10X a day. I'm behind a window and so are they and yet we wave. Tell me you don't do that.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
you should be looking ahead at what you are mowing not at the house window.

then again if it's a hot chick naked dancing in a window well you know.....it's gonna be hard not to look.
I have one clients daughter (sophmore in college) who regularly tans outside topless. When I come around the house, I stop the mower to open the gate, she gets up, waves, and walks in the house without covering up. Once I went to get paid at the door after I was done, and she was still topless. Always looked her in the eye, and never made a big deal about it....Thats not to say I never snuck a few good looks when she wasn't looking....
Old 04-17-2014, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
I have one clients daughter (sophmore in college) who regularly tans outside topless. When I come around the house, I stop the mower to open the gate, she gets up, waves, and walks in the house without covering up. Once I went to get paid at the door after I was done, and she was still topless. Always looked her in the eye, and never made a big deal about it....Thats not to say I never snuck a few good looks when she wasn't looking....
Haha, never have herd a story like that before

18 Regualar Accounts
2011 Ferris 48" Comfort Control DD
2001 Toro 36" Belt Drive
5x12 Carry On Trailer
2001 Ford f-150 XLT
Echo Trimmers
Stihl BR600