Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2014, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

FYI.....Feeler Gauges

The best all around feeler gauges Ive used on small engines
are the extra long feeler gauges designed for use on diesel engines..
I got mine off the SnapOn truck...I just remove the one I need to use ...
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've found the snap-on man's business card works just as well and is MUCH cheaper !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

McMaster Carr has them. Been using them quite awhile now. They work great on ign modules. I'd love to find a oil that doesn't discolor them yet keeps rust away.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
I've found the snap-on man's business card works just as well and is MUCH cheaper !!!
Ha...

I figgered you had been doing this stuff so long that you didnt need feeler gauges anymore...
you either eyed up the air gaps or knew which fingernail was the right thickness..
Old 04-18-2014, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

FEELER GAUGES???? I don't need no STINKIN' feeler gauges!! Man, you must be stuck in the cave man era!
Ain't ya got that new app for yer smart phone??? Sure is easy, just point yer phone at the gap ya wanna measure, push a button............and BINGO, gives ya a digital readout in mere seconds!!!!
I seen it on youalls-toob!!!

......AMF!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a set at the dollar store once and the 0.005" guage was actually 0.008".

Why do they even bother making them. Oh yeah, because I bought one. lol.

I always check my guages with a caliper now and try not to buy my precision tools at a dollar store anymore.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Snap On wont let me on their truck!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Snap On wont let me on their truck!

Story time Larry !!!

I paid 60 sum-odd for a grease gun on the snap-on truck, Put a new tube of grease in it..... Every 6 to 8 pumps it would stop, Muck with it and get it pump'n again it would go 6 to 8 pumps then stop again.....

Following week I told him I wanted another, He said OOONO..... I'll take it and check it out. The next week he gave it back saying there was nothing wrong with it that it was my grease (we store grease tubes opening end down for a reason), I went to NAPA and bought a different brand and type grease..... Dang.....did the same thing.....

The next week he came in and I told em there's some kind of problem with the pump in that gun and I want another, He again said he found nothing wrong...... I said hold that thought, I got off the truck outside my bay door and got it off my toolbox then walked back to the door. I slung that POS up into his truck and it slid up under his bucket seat, I pointed to the gate then said get the "F" outta my park'n lot......

If ever another one pulls in...... I'll show him da gate too !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Story time Larry !!!

I paid 60 sum-odd for a grease gun on the snap-on truck, Put a new tube of grease in it..... Every 6 to 8 pumps it would stop, Muck with it and get it pump'n again it would go 6 to 8 pumps then stop again.....

Following week I told him I wanted another, He said OOONO..... I'll take it and check it out. The next week he gave it back saying there was nothing wrong with it that it was my grease (we store grease tubes opening end down for a reason), I went to NAPA and bought a different brand and type grease..... Dang.....did the same thing.....

The next week he came in and I told em there's some kind of problem with the pump in that gun and I want another, He again said he found nothing wrong...... I said hold that thought, I got off the truck outside my bay door and got it off my toolbox then walked back to the door. I slung that POS up into his truck and it slid up under his bucket seat, I pointed to the gate then said get the "F" outta my park'n lot......

The last one I delt with asked me if I need anything, I sad yes, he said meet me at my truck, I carried TWO 5 gallon buckets of broken tools with me, he wouldn't replace any of them and I haven't seen a SnapOn dealer since.

For the little amount of wrenching I do anymore Sears is ok, and for one time use stuff it comes from Harbor Freight.

ToolTopiea.com and others have all the speciality tools you would ever need at pennies on the dollar compared too SnapOn.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Story time Larry !!!

You had a shitty dealer

Dealer makes all the difference.
Posted via Mobile Device