Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

there will be lots of of runner shoots, it wont be one root ball, and the leaves are very pointy sharp, the common name is 'Adam's NEEDLE'
good luck lol
Old 04-22-2014, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"rock lilies"..... some of the most evil, persistent things on earth. It seems like when you take one clump up, they multiply down the road.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Y'all that are saying these things are easy to remove must never have removed them before.

As for type of plant, they are desert plant, therefore they have a root system that doesn't end. They are not that easy to get rid of permanently.

Also, if you don't think they are useful and for sale, you are not much of a landscaper. I planted some a few years back, by my house. In a rock garden. Planted some others about 10-15 years ago, around a house where they wanted a southwestern look.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Y'all that are saying these things are easy to remove must never have removed them before.

As for type of plant, they are desert plant, therefore they have a root system that doesn't end. They are not that easy to get rid of permanently.

Also, if you don't think they are useful and for sale, you are not much of a landscaper. I planted some a few years back, by my house. In a rock garden. Planted some others about 10-15 years ago, around a house where they wanted a southwestern look.
Oh they are great for hillside use and such, it's just I personally don't like them and it stems from a suppressed childhood (don't ask) haha.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post

I usually remove the top with a saw or machete and dig the stump out. Easy to remove, but as mentioned above they have a bad habit of growing back from bits of root.