Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2014, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
The mods will protect the advertisers and sponsor over the forum members on LS. It's one of the terrible things every LS member needs to be aware of. It's really a bad thing.
I'll chime in that this is true in my experience. I had multiple posts deleted because I mentioned that I have a marketing company that serves green industry companies. Meaning that in theory you all are prospects, and since I wasn't an advertiser I wasn't allowed to share my experiences in a way that referenced my company. Granted, this was several years back - but it does seem kind of antithetical to the whole point of a forum, because there's a LOT of threads I would comment on but I don't bother because I can only do so with examples from my business.

Regarding the original poster; it's a good idea to get good ideas wherever you can. It seems like the gentleman mentioned is taking a page from Real Green Systems; if you sell a landscaper either marketing services OR a software system, you can sell them the OTHER one much more easily.

I can also say that I know Marty Grunder personally and professionally and he can do you a lot of good. His expertise seems to be helping owners transition from working IN their business (meaning in the field) to working ON their business (meaning growing the systems to have a profitable business that can operate day to day without you). I think his message is geared toward slightly larger operations than the average here on Lawnsite, but if any of you have real growth aspirations, he's a great resource.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

The Lawncare Millionaire has revolutionized my business with one idea. He said to only take credit cards on file. We switched over to that 2 years ago and I thought my customers would complain about it. Nope they handed over the plastic like it was expected. Now the credit card is on file and they get billed after the service. The credit card charges are not a big deal as a trade off to try to collect money. I have no receivables!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBK View Post
The Lawncare Millionaire has revolutionized my business with one idea. He said to only take credit cards on file. We switched over to that 2 years ago and I thought my customers would complain about it. Nope they handed over the plastic like it was expected. Now the credit card is on file and they get billed after the service. The credit card charges are not a big deal as a trade off to try to collect money. I have no receivables!
Posted via Mobile Device
You probably got that info just for taking the time to listen. Did you hire him to advise you directly or were you just taking a few minutes to watch youtube videos? Who really cares, as long as your life is easier! I don't think the LC Milaire guy has any dishonest intentions. I don't think he is selling snakeoil. My big sis advises doctors on how to make more money with less work. She gets flown all over to talk to Dr.s and Chiros and all sorts. She had a dream and she went for it. She spends a lot of time talking about developing dreams and not limiting your current self-worth. She gets big money for this. Her summer home is a camper with decks and porches, hardwood installed into the pull-out rooms etc. It's 2x as big as my house I live in. It sits on 15 acres with a 30 acre lake shared by 4 people. I can't remember the total acreage there. In Massachusetts. Not a bad bone in her body.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Run my mouth? Everything is deleted. I am NOT the only person.

He "locks" people in to bull sh t contracts with information that can be found via a simple google search. There was a huge thread. But it mysteriously got deleted when the "former owner" resurfaced.

If he had legit information to share people would gladly pay the monthly price. But after you realize how useless it is he will not allow you to cancel.

But since he doesn't. He has to have a "contract" that you can't get out of
Posted via Mobile Device
Nothing is being deleted that I can see. That being said, you know that what you are saying is not true. If my information is useless I am willing to make a bet with you. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is....are you?

You and I will do a live phone conversation which I will record with 3rd party podcast software. I will ask you 5 simple questions about running a successful business in this industry - all information that is found within The Lawn Letter that you are referring to. If you answer all 5 questions correctly, not only will I refund any money you have spent with me, but I will buy you a brand new piece of equipment of your choosing.

But.... if you can't answer the questions, then you have to make me a 50% owner of your business.

That's how certain I am that you didn't read what's inside. And NOTHING is copied and pasted in The Lawn Letter unless it was free helpful information added to the "free section".

The reason there is an evil "contract" is because I don't want my subscribers to have to wait for any of the information. Once you sign up, you have immediate and instant access to everything that has ever been placed in the members only section of The Lawn Letter.

So, what do you say?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh, and @TPendagast....same bet goes to you as well...

5 questions, 5 correct responses, all money refunded, piece of equipment of your choosing...

But if you don't know as much as you think you do, or you didn't read the "rip off information" of mine and you can't answer the questions....we will be partners in your business.

I do assume you and whiffy run legitimate, growing, successful businesses, right?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
chuckles chuckles chuckles…. especially since he's starting a competing forum and web site. Chuckles.
And you are not correct.... I am not starting a competing web site or forum.... I am starting an exclusive private group for serious, legitimate, hard working professionals in the industry who want to grow and improve their businesses. It is NOT a forum.... You may not know this or remember this, but I was the owner of this very site. I am not starting another one.

I assume you will be joining our new group....there is an application process and you must be approved....but I'm guessing you won't have an issue with that.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I hope I get to see the outcome before this is deleted
Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
I hope I get to see the outcome before this is deleted
Yeah me too, it's about to get interesting...
Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

All I can say about Sean Adams, is I pm`ed him some questions over on Linked In...He responded almost immediately, and we conversed over a few days. I think he is a man of great integrity and truly wants to help business owners out . By the way, his advice helped us win a $228,000 annual contract. We have not subscribed to the lawn letter, we just reached out for some genuine advice. I do happen to know people that have excellent results using his program though....just my 2 cents...
Old 04-30-2014, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WES1 View Post
All I can say about Sean Adams, is I pm`ed him some questions over on Linked In...He responded almost immediately, and we conversed over a few days. I think he is a man of great integrity and truly wants to help business owners out . By the way, his advice helped us win a $228,000 annual contract. We have not subscribed to the lawn letter, we just reached out for some genuine advice. I do happen to know people that have excellent results using his program though....just my 2 cents...
I appreciate that and I hope everything is working out at the mall for you.

And, I apologize if I am coming off like a jerk. I certainly don't mean to, but I feel it is necessary for me to defend myself because I know as well as anyone that what is said on the internet has the potential to be forever....and sometimes people believe everything they read.

Maybe this sounds like nonsense to some people or maybe some people think I am full of it, but I truly love this industry and I love doing everything I can to help as many people as I can. I have devoted my life to this industry and I have gotten a lot out of it and I want to see people succeed.

I'm not perfect, but I am definitely not a guy who is trying to dupe people into giving me money and then provide nothing in return.

I'm not asking for testimonials or help here, but I know that there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of people on this site that I have helped via email and on the phone without ever taking a penny from them.

All that being said, I stand behind my information and The Lawn Letter 100% and I would never hide from anyone calling me out or challenging me otherwise. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere.

I better shut up now...