Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've told the story before, but we had a BX2360 w/54" MMM, 42" brush hog, FEL, etc... Kept it for a year, it was a great little machine, but not quite enough. Moved up to a B2920 last year w/60" MMM, 48" brush hog, FEL, etc... it's much, much more.

the size of the B isn't that much larger, length is about the same, but the tire size is the biggest difference. The BX always felt a little "tippy" especially with the FEL. We had the tires filled too. The B feels solid as a rock. We do a LOT of hillside work and work on slopes and the extra weight in the tires helps out tremendously. The B also doubles for mowing duty on some of our larger sites. Side by side the 60" deck offers as good a quality cut as our Lazer Zs.

Here's a few pics...

Name:  20140214_102029 (Small).jpg
Views: 334
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  DSCF9949 (Small).JPG
Views: 333
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0866 (Small).JPG
Views: 332
Size:  82.2 KB

Last edited by gcbailey; 04-17-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, I will say I think you're going the right direction by adding a sub-compact or compact tractor to your fleet. It opens up your work load by SO much. With the right equipment you can easily add over $10k per year in revenue, and that's being conservative.

I don't know how much of a demand there is in your area but we plow and till a lot of gardens around here in the spring and fall. A lot of guys with bigger tractors (80hp+) doesn't want to waste their time brush hogging for others so we can pretty much set out own prices, without raping someone. Add in a 3pt aerator and dethatcher.... there is just so much you can do with a tractor regardless of brand.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks I appreciate your help, so b is the way. Opening up my work load is exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to be all-inclusive in this business and efficient and I believe proper equipment will get me there.

2 Last question how much brush you can cut per hour with a 48" ? do think a B can handle the 60" brush mower
Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEPLS View Post
Thanks I appreciate your help, so b is the way. Opening up my work load is exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to be all-inclusive in this business and efficient and I believe proper equipment will get me there.

2 Last question how much brush you can cut per hour with a 48" ? do think a B can handle the 60" brush mower
I think you could use one on a level field no problem. I went with a 48" due to working in a lot of narrower spots and backing up steep hills easier.

I know if it's a wide open field we've cleared over 1.5 acre in an hour of just grass (hay) only. We just aren't lucky enough for many wide open jobs, most of what we do are reclamation jobs, but there's more money in them!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Im in chicago kubuta ,nh and jd are all easily accessible.i even look at a mahindra any thoughts on that? Im not familar with ls but i will check on it. The local dealers are getting me quotes now on jd, kubota and nh so price will be a factor .

I really want the smallest size tractor that can do the most work i would like to be able to pull a 60" brush mower as well as get on side walks in the winter. THE NH DOES WAY A COUPLE OF HUNDRES PUNDS MORE BUT IM CONCERNED ABOUTLIFT CAPACITY ON THESE AT 3-POINT HITCH
A 60" brush hog is much better suited to a B than a BX! You want 5 pto hp for every foot of cutter width.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 AM
LawnSite Member

So let me say thanks for everyones imput. I order tractor yesterday kubota B2620 26 hp/19 pto hp with 60 mid mower 60" brush hog, loader and 47" Sweeper.

Considering a bagger from kubota vs a trac vac...kubota holds 9.5bushels vs trac vac which holds about 16 bushels and has 2" CHIPPER powered by 6.5 hp briggs

Any thoughts?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Hows tire print when using as a mower I went with ag tires thought about turf but stayed away due to to abandon lot use.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
So let me say thanks for everyones imput. I order tractor yesterday kubota B2620 26 hp/19 pto hp with 60 mid mower 60" brush hog, loader and 47" Sweeper.

Considering a bagger from kubota vs a trac vac...kubota holds 9.5bushels vs trac vac which holds about 16 bushels and has 2" CHIPPER powered by 6.5 hp briggs

Any thoughts?
That the pro powered Trac vac?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2014, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Hows tire print when using as a mower I went with ag tires thought about turf but stayed away due to to abandon lot use.
If you do 3 point turns you'll never have an issue with tear out. It might take a tad longer to make the turn, but the lawn won't suffer. Ags in general for the most part are actually easier on the lawn.

One thing though, if you are making a lot of turns using 4x4 the front will be what you need to watch out for. If you're on overgrown lots and the such, no biggy.

Did you get the tires filled?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

I didn't get tires filled I don't have unit yet. Is that something they do at factory?

Tags
kubota bx , nh bommer , tractor