Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a lot of talk about cc's, but what about auto-pay with the customer's checking account (ACH)?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbook View Post
Hi OakNut,

We are planning to launch a series of web/video tutorials in the next few months. The first batch should be out next week! In the meantime, we have our help page and FAQ built right into the application. On different screens, you’ll find relevant help items under the “I want to…” section.

As to your specific question about recurring jobs, you actually did everything right. The system was not generating the first occurrence of the recurring job since there was not a specific start time. As a result, it only generated recurring ones that occur after today (the day you created the recurring job).

However, based on your feedback, we think this behavior is unintuitive and will update our system to generate a record for the same day if a start time is not specified.

For now, please go ahead and add the a non-recurring job for today. And you can set it to completed.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Mark@yardbook.com
What do you mean by "today"? (TODAY today? or YESTERDAY today?)

Should I "add" a cut that was already done yesterday just to get it "on the list" in order to mark it "completed" even though it won't be on the day it was done?

I need clarification because apparently the 7 jobs I set up on Wed are all wrong as well since the first cuts aren't shown on the calendar - they start 1-2 weeks later.

As for the Grass Cutting vs Grass Mowing issue you mentioned via PM, I don't know how that started, but I believe it was because I read that I could set up custom categories and since I don't use the word "cut", (I use the word "mow") it made more sense for me to use terms I'm familiar with.

I would prefer not to have the word "grass" in the description at all - just "Mowing" - to be honest.

I'm just fumbling my way through, and don't honestly understand how/where/when the categories need to be specified. It's just dumb luck that I have any selected at all.

Some of the fields I expected the choices to appear as a drop down are apparently not the same - more of a "note" type of description of the service as opposed to a billing category. I've been confused by that every time I fill anything out.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
What do you mean by "today"? (TODAY today? or YESTERDAY today?)

Should I "add" a cut that was already done yesterday just to get it "on the list" in order to mark it "completed" even though it won't be on the day it was done?

I need clarification because apparently the 7 jobs I set up on Wed are all wrong as well since the first cuts aren't shown on the calendar - they start 1-2 weeks later.
That's right, you can create a job for whichever day the work was done, and set it to "Completed". The only difference is to select a date that was in the past.

1) Navigate to Jobs screen
2) Click on "+ Job"
3) Fill in the following:
  • Description
  • Property Address
  • Start Date <- set to the day the work was done
  • Products & Services <- add "Grass Cutting"
  • Make sure billable flag is checked
4) Save
5) Set this Job to "Completed" using the drop-down menu next to the "Edit" button (blue).

Hope this helps,
Mark@yardbook.com
Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
There is a lot of talk about cc's, but what about auto-pay with the customer's checking account (ACH)?
Hi Mike,

We currently don't support ACH type of payments.

Thanks,
Mark@yardbook.com
Old 04-25-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a chance to spend a little time navigating/exploring the interface for yardbook, very cool.

Some questions.. If I want to charge a customer on a cc, do I do a separate invoice?

Basically, what would be the steps involved with invoicing from my truck, and charging a customer's credit card?

Am I able to use/access yardbook from a cell phone (customer database, invoicing from the job, etc.)?

As far as scheduling, if there is a rain day, do I have to push each customer on the list for that day, or can I push a group at a time?

Thanks, I will play around some more this weekend.

Thank you!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I got a chance to spend a little time navigating/exploring the interface for yardbook, very cool.

Some questions.. If I want to charge a customer on a cc, do I do a separate invoice?

Basically, what would be the steps involved with invoicing from my truck, and charging a customer's credit card?

Am I able to use/access yardbook from a cell phone (customer database, invoicing from the job, etc.)?

As far as scheduling, if there is a rain day, do I have to push each customer on the list for that day, or can I push a group at a time?

Thanks, I will play around some more this weekend.

Thank you!!

Hi Mike,

I’m glad you like the interface of Yardbook. We work closely with our users to make sure the experience is great! You can use your cell phone or tablet to access yardbook.com. Internet connection is required.

You don’t need to create a separate invoice for credit card processing. The payment processing feature was just launched a couple of weeks ago. It’s currently going through a private beta stage. If you’d like to get early access to that feature, please PM me your login email, and I will add you to the list of beta users and give you the instructions to set it up.

Once you’ve set it up , each invoice you email to your customer(s) will include an online payment link. Customers can click on that link to make a credit card payment, and once that’s done, the system will automatically create a payment record against the invoice, and mark it as “Completed”.

As for pushing customer appointments, the system only allows you to push out one at a time, although this would be a nice feature for us to add-on in the future.

Thanks,
Mark@yardbook.com
Old 04-26-2014, 05:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, Mark!

I will likely get a new smart phone this weekend. Just wondering about ease of use for yardbook when using a smaller device, such as using a cell phone to mark off completed jobs, send inv., look at the schedule, etc.

Then I can use the laptop at home for most management.

Thank you
Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I searched for a Yardbook App and didn't find one. Are there plans for one in the future?
Old 04-26-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I'm sure mark will come in but, at the moment they do not have a mobile app but hopefully will (I think maybe in the next few months). And also yes, using yardbook on a mobile device (smart phone) is really nice and easy, I use it on my smart phone and it's great!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
I searched for a Yardbook App and didn't find one. Are there plans for one in the future?
Hi Cedar Lawn Care,

Here is where we are with respect to mobile: “Our plan is to improve our mobile experience in stages. Initially, we want to enhance the mobile browser experience. Most of our pages can already be displayed in a mobile browser, but we want to make optimizations so that these pages look more mobile-friendly for smaller screens. Once that's done, we will start building an app. Probably later in the year.”

Mark@yardbook.com