Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2009 walker mtghs tripping circuit breaker

my walker with 26hp efi keeps tripping 7a circuit breaker in the control panel. used to do it intermittently on job, now just turning the key pops it off. Tried new circuit breaker, didn' fix it. Disconnected safety system, power dump, and oscillator mower it still trips it. pulled wires out of wire harness from computer to engine and they look fine. Any tips on where to try next?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Put a cotter pin in it's place. Look for smoke. Remove cotter pin quickly
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

You're likely going to have to trace wires, I would start at the circuit breaker and work outwards, it would help to have a continuity tester handy as well as knowing how to check for short circuits... In that sense I would look for cracks in the plastic wire insulation and see if there exists any exposed wire along the length of the cabling as well.

I would also check around the safety switches, see if a wire came off and is touching something...?
Especially the one under the seat, but the rest as well.

Another idea would be to replace the ignition switch, and even if you have to buy one new and that isn't the problem it never hurts to have a spare... Here is another place a wire might have come disconnected and is touching metal..?

Somewhere in all of that you're likely to find the problem, and hopefully it's a quick fix but I would expect you'll have to dedicate some time to it.
Just going to have to look until you find it, the good news is that it's far simpler than an automobile, the bad news is I wouldn't call it simple yet but I have done the above process and it is tedious but with a methodical approach it is not impossible.

Good luck.

Last edited by herler; 05-01-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

replaced the ignition but didnt help. disconnected all the relays one at a time. Still no luck
Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Disconnected safety switch wiring, power dump, oscillator motor, timer delay, both relays under seat and all 3 fuses and computer and wiring harness thats close to computer to right side of machine and power dump switch and it still trips...what else is there to check??

Tags
circuit breaker , walker