Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We want pics now!!! Lol
Ive been lagging with pics also
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

saw you headed east.. i was out back on a mower dethatching, had to pull the wife and father in for some weekend help.. having a hell of a time finding any good help! Its nice though i have 4 warehouses right there together to take care of.

clean ups are coming along slowly! sweeping is almost done..maybe do a little bit tomorrow. I have a ton of work lined up but everything is so wet! gonna go price out plants at cook and gardner for a couple jobs if its too wet.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cook and Gardner have super nice stuff!

I actually took the Ferry over to Grand Isle Nursery too last season for a couple things....

They are AMAZING!!!! Sure, the Ferry is expensive but just include it in the price! LOL

Good for you having those commercials right there man! That is really good to hear...

I was going to pull in and chat but you guys looked busy, obviously....

Good help being scarce is why a lot of guys are trying to get out of the game.... I have a plan to battle that though that I will most certainly share with you over coffee some day...

SRT8... Pics coming for you !!!! Thanks so much for taking an interest in what I am doing... I LOVE your CALI photos more than you could imagine...
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Cook and Gardner have super nice stuff!

I actually took the Ferry over to Grand Isle Nursery too last season for a couple things....

They are AMAZING!!!! Sure, the Ferry is expensive but just include it in the price! LOL

Good for you having those commercials right there man! That is really good to hear...

I was going to pull in and chat but you guys looked busy, obviously....

Good help being scarce is why a lot of guys are trying to get out of the game.... I have a plan to battle that though that I will most certainly share with you over coffee some day...

SRT8... Pics coming for you !!!! Thanks so much for taking an interest in what I am doing... I LOVE your CALI photos more than you could imagine...

Don't forget to share with your buddy from the Midwest
I'm struggling to find good employees also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea good help is hard to come by right now. We have always struggled to find good help. We post help wanted fliers where we buy our irrigation supplies and soils. It has helped a lot, most of your calls will be of guys with experience. with Craigslist you just dont know whose going to call.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I hired an older gentleman today. He's retired and looking for work. He has experience as a property maintenance manager but limited equipment experience. Hope this works. Now if the rain would stop
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2014, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

How's your season going so far? guy one didn't work out… guy two is working out awesome… guy three shows up for an interview tomorrow! season is rolling full steam now..
i'll start my own page but i've been putting a few pics up on my Facebook page.. https://www.facebook.com/TpcLandscapingInc

hope things have been going well
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Andrew!!!!

Hello my bud!

Your face book page is AWESOME!!!!

So funny because I noticed the Key Bank at Skyway yesterday and I was wondering who did it..... That really looks amazing... great work!

That is really good to hear about your new hire(s) They are so darn tough to find...

I am keeping steady, between my stuff and working with Bob Rock it is the perfect mix.

I do wish that I could just open the floodgates already but patience is a virtue....

From talking with other owners it seems like everybody is really busy, almost busier than last year busy this season.... that is a great sign for the future in our market....
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm almost hoping for a rain day… almost, i could use a day to get some paper work done. Or even just to catch my breath! Would really love to see some checks start coming in too, seems like a lot of people this season expect me to work for free and put gas in my truck with monopoly money lol
KeyBanks were pretty easy… just refreshing the mulch and trying to bring the lawns up to a reasonable height. Lots of mulch still to put down in places..
Who is Bob Rock?
What kind of projects have you been working on?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I'm almost hoping for a rain day… almost, i could use a day to get some paper work done. Or even just to catch my breath! Would really love to see some checks start coming in too, seems like a lot of people this season expect me to work for free and put gas in my truck with monopoly money lol
KeyBanks were pretty easy… just refreshing the mulch and trying to bring the lawns up to a reasonable height. Lots of mulch still to put down in places..
Who is Bob Rock?
What kind of projects have you been working on?
I feel the same way. We've been hustling like crazy this season so far yet cash flow is still real tight!
Posted via Mobile Device