Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Reinders in Plymouth or Dougs Power Equipment in Blaine(work with Jeff) are both good suppliers. I don't purchase anything from JDL as the few times I stopped at the one in Edina in the past, the dude at the counter was a total ****** and could care less if I was even in his door. The majority of my product comes from Greenlife Supply in Burnsville, but that is quite a hike from Albertville.
The guys at JDL in Plymouth/Hamel have always treated me well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Super Stoked. My trailer was finished at Midsota yesterday morning and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon. The paint was still tacky when I got to dealer. So far I am happy with it(only pulled it 2 miles down the road so far from dealer to home). Today I have to get all the racking set up and put the mowers on to place the straps. My favorite part so far is that the front of the dump is removable so I will be able to drive mower up ramp, into box and unload and go without having to manually lift/shovel debris into the dump and no need to hook up the leaf loader for spring cleanups.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you all for your quick replies. I will check them out today.

Awesome trailer Spronk1! Seriously jealous right now!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Super Stoked. My trailer was finished at Midsota yesterday morning and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon. The paint was still tacky when I got to dealer. So far I am happy with it(only pulled it 2 miles down the road so far from dealer to home). Today I have to get all the racking set up and put the mowers on to place the straps. My favorite part so far is that the front of the dump is removable so I will be able to drive mower up ramp, into box and unload and go without having to manually lift/shovel debris into the dump and no need to hook up the leaf loader for spring cleanups.
Nice! I actually saw your trailer sitting in front of top notch equipment when I was on 169 south yesterday afternoon. I thought the way it looked sounded familiar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Nice! I actually saw your trailer sitting in front of top notch equipment when I was on 169 south yesterday afternoon. I thought the way it looked sounded familiar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Spronk did you get it from Top Notch?
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 05-04-2014, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, I did purchase it through Top Notch equipment. MJW, that was the one you saw on Friday. Had to have them re-order the ramp gates on the side as they are too short. Having a heck of a time getting the mowers loaded up. Current ones are 4' new ones will be 6' I hope that is long enough. If that does not work, will have to have a custom set of Bi-Folds built.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Well Im super jealous. Whats the damage on one of those?
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yes, I did purchase it through Top Notch equipment. MJW, that was the one you saw on Friday. Had to have them re-order the ramp gates on the side as they are too short. Having a heck of a time getting the mowers loaded up. Current ones are 4' new ones will be 6' I hope that is long enough. If that does not work, will have to have a custom set of Bi-Folds built.
Just a hunch, but I think the dealer may have been your issue, not the manufacturer... I've had a couple negative experiences with Top Notch...
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 05-05-2014, 05:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
Just a hunch, but I think the dealer may have been your issue, not the manufacturer... I've had a couple negative experiences with Top Notch...
I will admit they I do not blame the whole fiasco on MidSota. Unfortunately I did not have a good feeling about the whole thing from the beginning with Top Notch. The only reason I ended up going through them is because they are only 2 miles from my house. The other dealer I was getting pricing from was an hour away and that guy did not seem interested in helping out. Took several calls of me calling dealer and weeks just to get answers and pricing. That was central trailer sales. I did try going direct with Midsota, but they were not easy to deal with either as they did not seem interested either. Just an unpleasant experience all around with both top notch and midsota.

On a positive note the trailer seems well built and so far I am really happy with it. This week will be the true test as I get spring cleanups rolling again today.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone near me want to fertilize my properties. I don't do fertilizing and am tired of trying to deal with true brown and some of the others in the area. if anyone is interested let me know and send me a PM. I have a few that need to be done soon.

Thanks
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Tags
landscape , lawn , maintenance , minnesota , network