Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Reinders in Plymouth or Dougs Power Equipment in Blaine(work with Jeff) are both good suppliers. I don't purchase anything from JDL as the few times I stopped at the one in Edina in the past, the dude at the counter was a total ****** and could care less if I was even in his door. The majority of my product comes from Greenlife Supply in Burnsville, but that is quite a hike from Albertville.
The guys at JDL in Plymouth/Hamel have always treated me well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 AM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 49
Super Stoked. My trailer was finished at Midsota yesterday morning and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon. The paint was still tacky when I got to dealer. So far I am happy with it(only pulled it 2 miles down the road so far from dealer to home). Today I have to get all the racking set up and put the mowers on to place the straps. My favorite part so far is that the front of the dump is removable so I will be able to drive mower up ramp, into box and unload and go without having to manually lift/shovel debris into the dump and no need to hook up the leaf loader for spring cleanups.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Justinknipp Justinknipp is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otsego MN
Posts: 32
Thank you all for your quick replies. I will check them out today.

Awesome trailer Spronk1! Seriously jealous right now!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:50 AM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Super Stoked. My trailer was finished at Midsota yesterday morning and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon. The paint was still tacky when I got to dealer. So far I am happy with it(only pulled it 2 miles down the road so far from dealer to home). Today I have to get all the racking set up and put the mowers on to place the straps. My favorite part so far is that the front of the dump is removable so I will be able to drive mower up ramp, into box and unload and go without having to manually lift/shovel debris into the dump and no need to hook up the leaf loader for spring cleanups.
Nice! I actually saw your trailer sitting in front of top notch equipment when I was on 169 south yesterday afternoon. I thought the way it looked sounded familiar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-04-2014, 01:33 PM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Nice! I actually saw your trailer sitting in front of top notch equipment when I was on 169 south yesterday afternoon. I thought the way it looked sounded familiar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Spronk did you get it from Top Notch?
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-04-2014, 03:11 PM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 49
Yes, I did purchase it through Top Notch equipment. MJW, that was the one you saw on Friday. Had to have them re-order the ramp gates on the side as they are too short. Having a heck of a time getting the mowers loaded up. Current ones are 4' new ones will be 6' I hope that is long enough. If that does not work, will have to have a custom set of Bi-Folds built.
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
skorum03 skorum03 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Super Stoked. My trailer was finished at Midsota yesterday morning and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon. The paint was still tacky when I got to dealer. So far I am happy with it(only pulled it 2 miles down the road so far from dealer to home). Today I have to get all the racking set up and put the mowers on to place the straps. My favorite part so far is that the front of the dump is removable so I will be able to drive mower up ramp, into box and unload and go without having to manually lift/shovel debris into the dump and no need to hook up the leaf loader for spring cleanups.
Well Im super jealous. Whats the damage on one of those?
__________________
2000 Silverado Half ton 4x4
2000 Ford Excursion 4x4
2001 Ford F250 PSD w/8ft Western Ultra Mount
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM
cbservicesllc cbservicesllc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by spronk1 View Post
Yes, I did purchase it through Top Notch equipment. MJW, that was the one you saw on Friday. Had to have them re-order the ramp gates on the side as they are too short. Having a heck of a time getting the mowers loaded up. Current ones are 4' new ones will be 6' I hope that is long enough. If that does not work, will have to have a custom set of Bi-Folds built.
Just a hunch, but I think the dealer may have been your issue, not the manufacturer... I've had a couple negative experiences with Top Notch...
__________________
Ford Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Echo Power Equipment
The less fun hand stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 05-05-2014, 05:20 AM
spronk1 spronk1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Plymouth, MN
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbservicesllc View Post
Just a hunch, but I think the dealer may have been your issue, not the manufacturer... I've had a couple negative experiences with Top Notch...
I will admit they I do not blame the whole fiasco on MidSota. Unfortunately I did not have a good feeling about the whole thing from the beginning with Top Notch. The only reason I ended up going through them is because they are only 2 miles from my house. The other dealer I was getting pricing from was an hour away and that guy did not seem interested in helping out. Took several calls of me calling dealer and weeks just to get answers and pricing. That was central trailer sales. I did try going direct with Midsota, but they were not easy to deal with either as they did not seem interested either. Just an unpleasant experience all around with both top notch and midsota.

On a positive note the trailer seems well built and so far I am really happy with it. This week will be the true test as I get spring cleanups rolling again today.
__________________
Justin Spronk
www.supremeoutdoors.com
Custom Applicators
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM
skorum03 skorum03 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 343
Anyone near me want to fertilize my properties. I don't do fertilizing and am tired of trying to deal with true brown and some of the others in the area. if anyone is interested let me know and send me a PM. I have a few that need to be done soon.

Thanks
__________________
2000 Silverado Half ton 4x4
2000 Ford Excursion 4x4
2001 Ford F250 PSD w/8ft Western Ultra Mount
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
landscape , lawn , maintenance , minnesota , network

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.13664 seconds with 10 queries