Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2014, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So guys if YOU were me would you buy a Pro Stance or a WB to go with my 452? Or should I go for a 460 which would require upgrading my 6x12 enclosed trailer? But that would still leave me without a machine for smaller properties. Sell my 452, buy a 460 and a WB or Pro Stance?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
ZT HD should be around $5000. But you shouldn't buy one anyway. Get a 100, 200, or 400 series. Or at the very least the Pro Turn entry level commercial machine which should be around $6000-$6500.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah no way I would buy anything less than commercial 200 series would be my minimum choice, maybe he was just confused when he said the price. They stay so busy and small it is insane be nice to see Gravely help them expand where I live into a newer bigger space if he would move.

Quote:
So guys if YOU were me would you buy a Pro Stance or a WB to go with my 452? Or should I go for a 460 which would require upgrading my 6x12 enclosed trailer? But that would still leave me without a machine for smaller properties. Sell my 452, buy a 460 and a WB or Pro Stance?
Posted via Mobile Device
Depends on how much income you're bringing in or if you already have the cash for it. Big price on new trailer and a 460.

I would love to try a Pro Stance not carried here not enough shop room for them, I don't think he even has the WB's either to think of it the lot size is maxed out and inner floor is packed full very small space but he has been in business and dealing nothing but gravely/ariens mowers forever, sthil and echo as well.

Said in a thread or 2 before new John deere dealership was put 1/2 mile away targeting the shop business and they did not hold out on it one bit, but he stays busier with about 1/8 of their lot size.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 05-04-2014, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
You've been doing the Z and WB for a long time. Seems the smart move again to me since you've got that system down pat. I wouldn't bother with a 460 unless you can use the added size enough to justify it over what you have now. I'm all for buying what makes you happy, but if it means having to buy a new trailer just to handle it? Mmmmmm........... I'd really have to think about that one.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

460 and a pro stance would be the route I would go but you know your lawns and what would work best on them. Only reason we bought the 36 wb is for a couple very steep ditches plus one person after many years decided they were going to get somebody else if we didnt switch to a push mower and we talked them into the 36 WB because we were thinking of buying one anyway.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think Im going to wait on the 460 until its time to sell my 452. Normally 5 years/3000 hours. Guess I need to decide Pro Stance or WB, which is how I ended up finding the deal on the 78 hour 452. I was looking for a used Pro Stance. I made a couple grand!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would get a pro stance since you already have 452. I don't think there's a huge difference between 60 and 52. But there's a big productivity benefit going from a w/b to stand on. I know most people use sulkies but they don't compare in my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I would get a pro stance since you already have 452. I don't think there's a huge difference between 60 and 52. But there's a big productivity benefit going from a w/b to stand on. I know most people use sulkies but they don't compare in my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree with you on stander vs WB productivity wise. My only concern is I could use my 452 in the same places as the Pro Stance. A WB can go places a stander and ZTR cant. Its a tough call. I loved the Pro Stance I had for 3 weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Keep a 36wb on trailer for when it's needed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Keep a 36wb on trailer for when it's needed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats another option. A Pro Stance and 36 WB would get me fleet pricing! More decisions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2014, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You may end up liking the pro stance more than your 452. If you did I would keep it around for bagging.

Ztr pro stance and small walk behind is order trialler IMO lol. I had a friend that sold all his ztrs for wright standers and regretted it come leaf season
Posted via Mobile Device